Error 500 -- Internal Server Error

Hong Zhang

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
When we tried to access our JSP files, we got an error message stating:
"From FRC 2068
Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.5.1.500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from
fulfilling the request."

Any help or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks

Hong

hong....@arthurandersen.com

Stan Gulley

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
This means that a bean in your page threw an exception during execution
before output was returned. I would first check my weblogic.log and
access.log files to see if there are any hints, and then put
printStackTraces on all caught exception it see if you can isolate it. If
you are using Visual Age with WebSphere you have JSP source level
debugging.

If you are performing JDBC in you page then enable the JDBC log for
database exceptions.

Hope this helps.
Stan

Hong Zhang

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
Thanks, Stan!

Yes, we could debug our codes. And there will always be more:-)

The annoying thing is every time this happens, it brings the WebLogic server
to it's knees! I think the server should be more robust than that. Would
there be any fix for it? Is the WebLogic 5.1 immune to this problem (we are
using 4.5.1)? Thanks again!

Hong

Chris Opacki

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
to Hong Zhang
What kind of error did you get in your weblogi.log?

Chris Opacki

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00

Chris Opacki

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00