WL 8.1 - JMS Flow Control: How does it work

vikk...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2007, 12:02:27 PM10/16/07
I have been reading the documenattion on the way weblogic has its Flow
Control setup. However I still have a few doubts. It would be great
if some one can help.

Background: I have a J2EE application deployed on the weblogic server
(8.1 sp5) which connects as a Consumer to a Topic. On the other side I
have a plain java application that acts as a producer and sends lots
of small messages (about 300 bytes) out to the topic using
MessageProducer.send() method.

I would like to restrict the flow from this producer so that it waits
if the consumers are unable to collect all messages from the topic.
When I enable flow control, I can see log entries in my weblogic
application that shows that it has beocme armed but it clears off the
same second. However, I don't see any exceptions being raised at the
producer side. How can I ensure that the producer is waiting x ms to
send further messages across. I can't see anything at the producer
side that would lead me to believe that the flow control is working. I
also checked the properties for each of teh Session, Connection and
COnnectionFactory attributes but could not come across any way where I
could see that the producer knows about the quotas being implemented
on the queue.

Can someone throw some light?

Thanks
Vikash

gmt...@gmail.com

May 6, 2014, 10:04:00 AM5/6/14
http://www.edc4it.com/2012/07/09/oracle-weblogic-jms-flow-control/
This video explains the use of JMS Flow Control in Oracle® WebLogic®. This is the ability of the server to slow down producers of JMS messags when a particular threshold is passed. This mechanism is also known as "JMS Throttling"
http://www.edc4it.com/downloads/jms-tuning.zip

在 2007年10月17日星期三UTC+8上午12时02分27秒,vikk...@gmail.com写道: