Leslie P. Polzerunread,
Oct 11, 2010, 8:27:45 AM10/11/10
for the past couple of days I've been working on a new form widget
that will feature some substantial advantages. Some of them:
* stateful: uses widgets to model fields and presentations. Field
widgets may influence each other dynamically.
* can be used without views.
* can be used with existing views, a compatibility layer will be
* decoupled from data -- base class `form-widget' stores intermediate
and parsed values in field widgets instead of mandatory underlying
data objects. A subclass that works with underlying data objects will
* preserves the existing view and form widget machinery so existing
code will continue to work.
* new slim layout that doesn't use lists and gets away from the focus
on gridedit child forms.
I expect to have most of this finished very soon. Ideas and comments
are highly welcome.