production mode performance improvement

vibhu.m...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2014, 4:38:27 PM6/11/14
to webl...@googlegroups.com
;call this in production mode to greatly improve performance
;weblocks utils/html-parts.lisp
;I should probably confirm that this is only debugging code being turned off
(defun prod-tune ()
  (setf *process-html-parts-p* (constantly nil)))

o_z

Jun 16, 2014, 5:47:28 AM6/16/14
to webl...@googlegroups.com, vibhu.m...@gmail.com
Made small improvement. Now *process-html-parts-p* is changed when calling (enable-global-debugging) and (disable-global-debugging)

vibhu.m...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2014, 5:51:18 AM6/16/14
to webl...@googlegroups.com, vibhu.m...@gmail.com
If I remember correctly, I couldn't get a load test to run with more than a dozen connections unless I made this change. Then I could have 100 connections. So the performance improvement may be memory not CPU.

o_z

Jun 16, 2014, 6:25:11 AM6/16/14
to webl...@googlegroups.com, vibhu.m...@gmail.com
Thanks for the information