Labview remote panel

Jorge Montaño

Nov 14, 2016, 10:40:12 PM11/14/16
to weblabdeusto
Greetings to all, i am using the deusto lab tool, I installed it successfully and I want to develop an experiment using remote labview panels, I have finished the vi to use, but when I follow the steps to run the same with deusto it tries to reserve the experiment and then returns me a broken experiment, to publish my experiment from labview I do the following, tools >> web publishing tools, this gives me the link where labview publishes which I use in the file yml, but I can not do this from the Deusto tool.
I also wanted to know If the questions must be formulated in inglés or  it also  can be in Spanish.
Thanks for your time.

Saludos, estoy usando la herramienta de lab deusto, la he instalado con éxito y quiero desarrollar un experimento usando paneles de labview remoto, he terminado el vi a usar, pero cuando sigo los pasos para ejecutar lo mismo con deusto que intenta reservar el experimento y luego me devuelve experimento roto, para publicar mi experimento de labview hago lo siguiente, herramientas >> herramientas de publicación web, esto me da el enlace donde labview publica que utilizo en el archivo yml, pero no puedo hacer esto desde la herramienta Deusto.

Pablo Orduña

Nov 15, 2016, 1:22:40 AM11/15/16
to weblab...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

[As for Spanish or English, feel free to write in the mailing list in English or to us directly (outside the list) in Spanish. You may find the e-mail of the main developers (Luis and myself). We prefer to keep conversations mainly in the public list so it can be reused by other people, but many people contact us in private and it's also fine]

As for the error, in the folder where you found the two .vi files there are also two Python files called fake_server.py and test_server.py. They require no library so you can copy them and run them without virtualenvs or so, directly from any terminal. They are support tools to see what is going on. Try the following:

a) Without running WebLab-Deusto, open your .vi file, use the web publishing tool, and once it is started, take the test_server.py, configure the first parameters (host, port, weblab_secret), and run the script. These are the same parameters you use in the .yml file. This way you will see if everything on the .vi side is working or not. The script essentially uses what WebLab-Deusto uses underneath to communicate with the LabVIEW file.

b) Stop the .vi server, and in the fake_server.py, make sure the configuration (line 22) is fine, and run it. Then, run WebLab-Deusto, and check that it properly interacts (the user will be sent to http://localhost/this.is.working ; you may change it for something else in the code).

With these two tests, you may get more information about what part is failing. If it is the second test the one failing, delete everything in the logs directory (when you run weblab-admin create mydeployment, there is a mydeployment/logs directory), restart WebLab-Deusto,  test it until it fails, and send us the logs and the .yml to see if we can help more.

Best,

Pablo Orduña ( http://morelab.deusto.es/p/pablo-orduna/ )
MORElab - Envisioning Future Internet (http://morelab.deusto.es)
WebLab-Deusto - (http://weblab.deusto.es)