500 internal server error

Henrique Melo

May 15, 2017, 3:02:24 PM5/15/17
to weblabdeusto
Hello,

I am trying to use weblabdeusto for acess management of a experiment a professor currently has in my university.

I installed successfully, no problem at all, but when I am trying to access the localhost, I get a 500 Internal Server Error

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Pablo Orduña

May 15, 2017, 3:07:28 PM5/15/17
to weblabdeusto
Hi Henrique,

Does this happen even after ~10 seconds of running? Can you send (to the list or in private) the contents of the "logs" folder? (wherever you did weblab-admin create name, there will be a folder called logs). There might be some information in one of the files (e.g., sample__weblab_core_logs.server1.txt  if you used the default settings).

Best,

Pablo

Henrique Melo

May 15, 2017, 3:52:17 PM5/15/17
to weblabdeusto, pa...@ordunya.com
Hi Pablo,

Yes, even with I let it run for some minutes, it still happen.

All the content in the logs folder, except under the config sub-folder, are empty.

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Henrique Melo <henri....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to use weblabdeusto for acess management of a experiment a professor currently has in my university.

I installed successfully, no problem at all, but when I am trying to access the localhost, I get a 500 Internal Server Error

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Pablo

Pablo Orduña

May 15, 2017, 4:13:20 PM5/15/17
to weblab...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That is definitely weird, since it means that the communication doesn't reach WebLab-Deusto. Sorry for making many questions now:

Can you tell me more about the environment you're using? (Windows, Linux...) What command did you run to create the WebLab environment?

e.g., weblab-admin create example --http-server-port=12345

Did you later change the configuration variables?

When you run weblab-admin start example; and you access from the web browser, what does it show in the console?

And just in case, when you say "all the content in the logs folder are empty", you mean that there are many files but they're all empty, right?

The ~10 second thing used to happen only in very slow machines; minutes is definitely more than enough.

Thank you,

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/weblabdeusto.

Pablo

Henrique Melo

May 15, 2017, 4:25:18 PM5/15/17
to weblab...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am running the program on Windows, and I created the enviroment using the tutorial provided here: https://weblabdeusto.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html

So, I used the weblab-admin create example --http-server-port=8000.

I din't make any changes while installing and trying to configure the enviroment.

About the files, exactly.

Cheers,

Henrique  da Cunha Melo
Graduando em Engenharia de Controle e Automação/UFOP
(31)3552-2556 - (31)9489-3743

Pablo Orduña

May 15, 2017, 5:12:17 PM5/15/17
to weblab...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i just re-installed it from scratch in a Windows environment. I had two problems:

  a) One of the libraries versions (six) didn't exist anymore.
  b) Problems with old pip sotware that I had installed in the past.

Just in case, please do the following:

  a) Once you do "workon weblab" or ".\weblab\bin\activate" or something like that (however you have called the environment), run:

     pip install --upgrade setuptools
     pip install --upgrade pip

  b) Update weblab; by going to the git folder in your computer, and running:

     $ git pull
     $ python setup.py install

You don't need to re-run "weblab-admin create example --http-server-port=8000"; running "weblab-admin start example" should be enough.

Also, before running the "weblab-admin start example", make sure that the problem is not that there is another WebLab-Deusto process running. To do so, go to the Windows Task Manager and check that there is no python/python2.7 process running.

What you should see is something like:

Inline image 1

Tell me if you see something different.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience. From time to time we make many changes and don't check everything in Windows :-(

Henrique Melo

May 15, 2017, 7:30:53 PM5/15/17
to weblab...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I did what you said, and I still get the same problem, my cmd screen is like the image attached after starting the server.

But for what I remembered, now I have less messages show in the screen.

Sorry for the trouble,

Henrique  da Cunha Melo
Graduando em Engenharia de Controle e Automação/UFOP
(31)3552-2556 - (31)9489-3743

Sem título.png

Pablo Orduña

May 15, 2017, 7:44:37 PM5/15/17
to weblab...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It seems to be a problem with the libraries; one of the libraries (Flask-WTF) you have a quite new version while in another (wtforms) and old one.

In particular, can you try?

(weblab) C:\> pip freeze

And search for Flask-WTF and wtforms? If Flask-WTF will not be 0.9.4 (but something higher) and wtforms will be 1.0.5 or so; then this is the problem and what you should do is:

(weblab) C:\> cd weblabdeusto
(weblab) C:\weblabdeusto> cd server\src
(weblab) C:\weblabdeusto\server\src>  pip install -r requirements.txt -r requirements_recommended.txt

If this resulted in any error, just send a screenshot, please.

After that, check again with pip freeze to see if Flask-WTF is 0.9.4. If it's the case, then at least the problem you show in the screenshot should be solved.

I'm not sure why this could have happened: weblab uses standard Python libraries and provides compatible versions; and the installer provides the particular versions. Did you have any other problem during the installation that could lead to a partial upgrade or something?

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Henrique Melo

May 15, 2017, 7:56:01 PM5/15/17
to weblab...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Pablo, thank you very much, it was the Flask-WTF version.

I followed your instructions and now I can access the log in page now.

No, my installation was pretty standard, but maybe I missed something.

Thanks for the patience and help,