LDAP

Johanna Roussel

May 10, 2016, 6:14:21 AM5/10/16
to weblabdeusto
Hey!

I wanted to try the weblab deusto framework. I finally got it run on linux (easily) and windows (problems with the virtual environment and some python encoding problems).
Now I would like to try LDAP authentication. How does it work using the framework?

When I try to add "multiple users" I get the error message: "Error: ldap libraries not installed".
And I'm not sure if I configured LDAP the right way.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Hanna

Pablo Orduña

May 10, 2016, 7:08:44 AM5/10/16
to weblab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hanna!

What linux distribution are you using? LDAP is part of the suggested native libraries:

So you should follow those steps or at least run:

sudo apt-get install build-essential python-dev libsasl2-dev libsasl2-dev

And then, in the virtual environment, run:

 $ pip install python-ldap

On Windows, if you're not using virtual environments, from any console you should be able to run the same command ( pip install python-ldap ), and I see that there is a binary available that might work (but we haven't tried in a long while LDAP on Windows).

Once the module is installed, you should restart WebLab, and in the administration panel, you can go to System -> Authentication -> Create -> select LDAP, and fill the data (including a human-friendly name in the first field). For example, in the internal network at Deusto, the LDAP uri is something like "ldaps://ldap.deusto.es"  the domain is "deusto.es" and the base is "dc=deusto,dc=es" (no quotation mark).

Then, you can go to Users and edit a particular user and add as credentials that LDAP config (or change the existing one). If a user has more than one credentials, all will be checked in the order you defined until the credentials match.

If you have further questions don't hesitate to contact the list or to us directly at web...@deusto.es!

Best,

Johanna Roussel

May 10, 2016, 7:35:20 AM5/10/16
to weblabdeusto, pa...@ordunya.com
Thanks for the fast answer! Actually I wanted to use windows. But I will try both (windows + linux) and I will give you feedback if it worked on both machines.

Best,
Hanna
Message has been deleted