Bye-bye WebioPI...

Russell Selkirk

Feb 27, 2019, 2:57:22 PM2/27/19
to WebIOPi
All was working fine and I <gulp> rebooted my pi. Once it came back up - nothing. "sudo /etc/init.d/webiopi start" loads with no errors but the tutorials don't even work. I removed every trace of WebioPI and reinstalled it, same deal.

Localhost:8000 shows my (normal but no longer working) index from my project directory.

If I replace my index with the original (Light) project index, it looks normal - doesn't work.

If d-click on any of the included index files, I get a blank page.

If I drag "/home/pi/WebIOPi-0.7.1/htdocs/index.html" into my browser, I get the "WebioPI Main Menu" page, but when I select an option, I get "Your file was not found It may have been moved or deleted."

SSooooo Frustrating! To have had all this working then it goes to h&ll on a reboot!

I do remember having to mod an init file but cannot find that info now. Anyone recall this ? ? ?

Russ

alejandro sánchez

Feb 27, 2019, 3:26:31 PM2/27/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Show us the result of sudo /etc/init.d/webiopi status

Please.

Russell Selkirk

Feb 27, 2019, 7:39:06 PM2/27/19
to WebIOPi
alejandro, thanks for replying. The status report is quite short:

pi@pigate:~ $ sudo /etc/init.d/webiopi start
[ ok ] Starting webiopi (via systemctl): webiopi.service.
pi@pigate:~ $ sudo /etc/init.d/webiopi status
● webiopi.service - LSB: WebIOPi initscript
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/webiopi; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Wed 2019-02-27 18:29:26 CST; 13s ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
  Process: 1243 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/webiopi start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: /system.slice/webiopi.service
           └─1251 /usr/bin/python3 -m webiopi -l /var/log/webiopi -c /etc/webiopi/config

Feb 27 18:29:26 pigate systemd[1]: Starting LSB: WebIOPi initscript...
Feb 27 18:29:26 pigate systemd[1]: Started LSB: WebIOPi initscript.

I' m hoping this will shed some light...

Russ

Russell Selkirk

Feb 28, 2019, 12:58:27 PM2/28/19
to WebIOPi
Yay, got it figured out! I needed to start up WebioPI using "sudo webiopi -c /etc/webiopi/config" in order for my file paths to be "seen". Not sure where the "init.d" came from...

Russ