WebIOPi-0.7.1 Patch for "Raspberry Pi Model B+" and "Raspberry Pi 2 Model B"

Keisuke Seya

Jul 27, 2015, 8:29:58 AM7/27/15
to WebIOPi
You can use the patch from the following URL to get WebIOPi-0.7.1 up and running on both "Raspberry Pi Model B+" and "Raspberry Pi 2 Model B"  :
https://github.com/doublebind/raspi

Toshi Bass

Jul 27, 2015, 11:43:25 AM7/27/15
to WebIOPi, keisuk...@gmail.com
It's strange that you posted this info this afternoon because I found and downloaded your patch this morning, sorry to report that the patch doesn't fully work, it fails on the 2 changes you make to webiopi.js however after applying the patch if I manually modify webiopi.js with the changes to the 2 lines it works fine and the pi2 GPIO-header page loads and appears to work.
I cannot see what's wrong with the patch file, it should work but it doesn't for some reason.
Haven't had time to test the rest of WebIOPI functionality yet.
Toshi

Keisuke Seya

Jul 27, 2015, 1:37:20 PM7/27/15
to WebIOPi, toshib...@gmail.com
Thank you very much for the report.  So, what you are saying is that the patch file did not make the 2 changes which should have made over webiopi.js as it is written in the patch file ( the patch file should work at first glance ).  I've tested this patch with the several different B+/Pi2 boards but never had such a problem.  If possible could you create a patch file under your working environment and send it to me?

Toshi Bass

Jul 27, 2015, 4:17:13 PM7/27/15
to WebIOPi, keisuk...@gmail.com
Yes that's what I am saying, I will take a further look tomorrow and send some info.
Toshi

Toshi Bass

Jul 28, 2015, 3:42:28 AM7/28/15
to WebIOPi, toshib...@gmail.com, keisuk...@gmail.com, toshib...@gmail.com
OK today I tried to recreate the issue, as yesterday I did fresh install of Rasbian on my Raspberry PI2 model B, but this time when I applied your patch it worked faultlessly.

I have no idea why it didn't work yesterday, I followed the same steps, when I compare the patch file from yesterday with the one generated today they are identical.

Here's my install steps:

$ cd /home/pi
$ sudo tar xvzf WebIOPi-0.7.1.tar.gz
$ cd WebIOPi-0.7.1
$ patch -p1 -i webiopi-pi2bplus.patch
$ sudo ./setup.sh

You need to install weaved separately:
$ cd /home/pi
$ sudo chmod +x weaved-nixinstaller_1.2.13.bin
$ sudo ./weaved-nixinstaller_1.2.13.bin

Starting and stopping the weaved service can be done by typing:
$ sudo /usr/bin/Weavedwebiopi8000.sh start|stop|restart

Haven't had time to fully test the rest of WebIOPI or Weaved functionality yet.

Toshi

Keisuke Seya

Jul 28, 2015, 6:04:09 AM7/28/15
to WebIOPi, toshib...@gmail.com
So, it works!  Thank you very much for sharing your experience of applying the patch on your Pi2 model B ( if you try, this patch should work on Raspberry Pi Model B+ as well ).  Your message is very helpful for the followers to see how exactly the tools ( the patch and Weaved ) can be installed and to be prepared for the possible issue they would have.  Again, I appreciate your time for making this report.

Adrian Nicolaiev

Jul 28, 2015, 9:33:15 AM7/28/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Keisuke Seya and Toshi Bass.

Adrian Nicolaiev

Jack Martin

Jul 28, 2015, 2:17:33 PM7/28/15
to WebIOPi, keisuk...@gmail.com
First off thank you for working on this issue.. I have a Raspberry Pi 2 B+ and will be giving it a try..   will provide feedback afterwords.

Jack Martin

Jul 28, 2015, 9:34:13 PM7/28/15
to WebIOPi, keisuk...@gmail.com
Very very simple to install and use.. thank you very much.. working perfect on my Raspberry Pi 2 B+

Eric PTAK

Jul 29, 2015, 12:10:38 PM7/29/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys !
Mmm, I like this one, at a first approach to integrate missing Pi support.
Will give it a try and surely integrate it in a coming WebIOPi version.
Still planned for August the end with Google Code migration.
And something really BIG before the end of the year, I'm so excited guys ;)

Toshi Bass

Jul 29, 2015, 1:33:28 PM7/29/15
to WebIOPi, tro...@trouch.com, tro...@trouch.com
I have encounter 1 small problem when testing webiopi on pi2 model B, I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with this patch, but wondering if any one else uncounted this :

I have tested several sensors etc all work fine, but on the devices-monitor page when displaying temperatures I get ?C in black diamond shape instead of °C   see attached.

I checked sudo raspi-config - Internationalisation Options - en_GB.UTF-8 UTF-8. which is correct and works on my other pi's.

Any ideas anyone ?

Toshi

Capture.PNG

Richard Lydiard

Jul 30, 2015, 11:39:31 AM7/30/15
to WebIOPi
Hi toshi...i've had this issue on raspB and B+ got around it..but was months ago and can't remember what I did..sorry!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Toshi Bass

Jul 30, 2015, 4:17:45 PM7/30/15
to WebIOPi, richar...@gmail.com, richar...@gmail.com
Hi Richard

You know I had that same same feeling, I am sure I have seen this problem before and fixed it, but I to cannot remember what I did !

As a temporary fix I edited  /home/pi/webiopi/htdocs/app/devices-monitor/index.html  and modified the line :

to:

That works but when I google this problem the solution is normally the other way around, like include charset=UTF-8 if your getting strange characters,
in reality I don't know what's going on here for sure that is not the fix I used last time.

Toshi

craisondigital

Jul 31, 2015, 4:15:00 PM7/31/15
to WebIOPi, keisuk...@gmail.com
Is this patch only for 0.7.1??  The reason i ask is that i am using a b+ with 0.7.0 and webiopi seems to run w/o issue.  I never checked the header page, but it seems i can control all the gpio pins through python.

Toshi Bass

Jul 31, 2015, 4:40:06 PM7/31/15
to WebIOPi, keisuk...@gmail.com, craison...@gmail.com
Raspberry pi b+ with webiopi 0.7.0 will work fine without the patch but the gpio-monitor will not show the additional pins, applying the patch should rectify this issue.

I never tried webiopi 0.7.1 on a Raspberry pi b+ but I don't think it resolves the gpio-monitor issue, it just adds built in weaved as I understand.

Webiopi will not work at all with Raspberry pi2 unless this patch is applied

In a "nut shell" the patch does 2 things: it modify's webiopi js to include the additional pins and also checks which model raspberry pi is connected, if its a raspberry pi2 it modify's the addresses to suit the new processor.

Hope this helps

Toshi

Toshi Bass

Aug 2, 2015, 4:50:20 AM8/2/15
to WebIOPi, richar...@gmail.com
Regarding the problem with devices-monitor displaying strange diamond ? character.

The problem was that at some point webiopi.js had the wrong encoding 1252 (ANSI - Latin I) instead of UTF-8 the result was that when I ran setup.sh the encoding was incorrect hence the strange character.

Now I am not sure at what point this happened or why, I have modified webiopi.js more than once on my set-up, applying the patch for pi2 and the modified files for wiki issue 95 Driver for DS2413 & wiki issue 116 Drivers for RTC chips.

In any case the solution is simple, just unsure all patch/modified files are encoded to UTF-8 before applying them.

Toshi

Eric PTAK

Aug 6, 2015, 5:01:28 PM8/6/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Applied the patch, works fine. there is just a little issue when using that patch with a 26 pin header Pi, I did few improvement on the JS side.
Commited it to SVN ;)

I'm still working on another branch, with a completely different solution to support heterogeneous hardware.

Thanks for help !

-- Eric/trouch

Toshi Bass

Sep 8, 2015, 3:28:58 PM9/8/15
to WebIOPi
Slightly off topic but a nice addition to the debugging tools is rCPU  see   https://github.com/davidsblog/rCPU

I added an additional page to the webiopi main menu, see attached.

Toshi
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Daniel Damico

Sep 18, 2015, 10:57:33 PM9/18/15
to WebIOPi
Hello such, I am new to the subject of webiopi. 0.7.1 webiopi finish installing and applying the patch but when I entered via web does not change the state of the pin if output or input, can help me to fix it,

Thank you

Toshi Bass

Sep 18, 2015, 11:48:23 PM9/18/15
to WebIOPi
Hi Daniel

There have been a couple of instances lately of this happening, in those cases ithe problem appeared to be related to the chrome browser so first try opening webiopi in a different browser land see what result you get.
It would be helpfully to report back with your result

Toshi

Message has been deleted

Daniel Damico

Sep 19, 2015, 3:41:30 PM9/19/15
to WebIOPi
hi Toshi

solve the problem of opening it with google chome novenador and Firefox, the browser that brings the raspberry does not work the command buttons.

I see now another preset the inputs and outputs of pins that the user can not change the state of input or output pin, you can Asher that? can you help me ?

Thank you

Daniel Damico

Sep 19, 2015, 3:55:38 PM9/19/15
to WebIOPi
hi Toshi

a button can be preset as input or output?

Toshi Bass

Sep 19, 2015, 4:17:31 PM9/19/15
to WebIOPi
On the GPIO-header page you should be able to press the button marked IN / OUT to change the function of the GPIO pin if you have the function set to OUT ( output ) then you should be able press the number at the side of the function button to toggle the GPIO pin On / Off

Of course you cannot switch a pin who's function is set to IN ( input ) as it is looking for a voltage on the GPIO pin

Assuming you have that working then you should work through the tutorials

Toshi

Rashad Dadashov

Sep 19, 2015, 9:41:57 PM9/19/15
to WebIOPi

вторник, 8 сентября 2015 г., 22:28:58 UTC+3 пользователь Toshi Bass написал:
Slightly off topic but a nice addition to the debugging tools is rCPU  see   https://github.com/davidsblog/rCPU

I added an additional page to the webiopi main menu, see attached.

Toshi

hi Toshi

if you can write correctly procedure. Why I can't. For earlier many thanks

Message has been deleted

Toshi Bass

Sep 21, 2015, 2:40:08 PM9/21/15
to WebIOPi
Hi Daniel

Sorry could you please start a new thread with your question and please include which website you are talking about, thanks.

This Thread is about things to do with : WebIOPi-0.7.1 Patch for "Raspberry Pi Model B+" and "Raspberry Pi 2 Model B"

Toshi Bass

Sep 21, 2015, 3:18:31 PM9/21/15
to WebIOPi
Hi Rashad

Details requested are on the last post in this thread  https://groups.google.com/d/msg/webiopi/a1_SWOyLuXo/9uNRxz5pIacJ

Toshi

neuralassembly

Sep 30, 2015, 5:41:25 AM9/30/15
to WebIOPi
The latest Raspbian (NOOBS 1.4.2) uses systemd, not init;
therefore, the script /etc/init.d/webiopi does not work.

To start WebIOPi in the latest Raspbian,
we have to create a file /etc/systemd/system/webiopi.service as follows.

#####

[Unit]
Description=WebIOPI
After=syslog.target

[Service]
Type=simple
WorkingDirectory=/usr/share/webiopi/htdocs
ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 -m webiopi -l /var/log/webiopi -c /etc/webiopi/config

[Install]
WantedBy = multi-user.target

#####

Then we can start WebIOPi with the following command (The "stop" command also works).

sudo systemctl start webiopi

To start WebIOPI automatically, the following command works (The "disable" command also works).

sudo systemctl enable webiopi

Sincerely,

neuralassembly

Rashad Dadashov

Sep 30, 2015, 11:24:05 AM9/30/15
to WebIOPi
Hello Toshi.
 Why not rabotaet can't start webopi.  I will be glad if you help

neuralassembly

Oct 30, 2015, 11:28:54 AM10/30/15
to WebIOPi
I updated the startup script of WebIOPi for Jessie.

The following commands can be used.

sudo systemctl start webiopi
sudo systemctl stop webiopi
sudo systemctl enable webiopi
sudo systemctl disable webiopi

Eric PTAK

Nov 5, 2015, 5:06:36 PM11/5/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Wanted to let you know that this patch break retro compatibility.
An official WebIOPi release should come this month, I hope next week.

Michele Piscitelli

Nov 30, 2015, 12:16:39 PM11/30/15
to WebIOPi

good morning, i have raspberry pi2 model b , when finish installation, i don't access at webiopi, i use webiopi 0.7.1,please help me !!! thank's
Il giorno lunedì 27 luglio 2015 14:29:58 UTC+2, Keisuke Seya ha scritto:
You can use the patch from the following URL to get WebIOPi-0.7.1 up and running on both "Raspberry Pi Model B+" and "Raspberry Pi 2 Model B"  :
https://github.com/doublebind/raspi

Keisuke Seya

Dec 1, 2015, 12:21:23 AM12/1/15
to WebIOPi
You might want to follow the suggestion made by blavery @ Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:54 am posted in the following site:

He suggests to replace the function, int get_rpi_revision(void) in the file ...../python/native/cpuinfo.c with the following code so that the code can detect more board versions.

int get_rpi_revision(void)
{
   char revision[1024] = {'\0'};

   if (get_cpuinfo_revision(revision) == NULL)
      return -1;

   if ((strcmp(revision, "0002") == 0) ||
       (strcmp(revision, "1000002") == 0 ) ||
       (strcmp(revision, "0003") == 0) ||
       (strcmp(revision, "1000003") == 0 ))
      return 1;
   else if ((strcmp(revision, "0004") == 0) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "1000004") == 0 ) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "0005") == 0) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "1000005") == 0 ) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "0006") == 0) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "1000006") == 0 ))
      return 2;
   else if ((strcmp(revision, "a01041") == 0) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "a21041") == 0 ))
      return 3;
   else // assume rev 4
      return 4;
}
If this does not work, try to reinstall WebIOPi and the patch again.  Good luck!

Toshi Bass

Dec 30, 2015, 3:59:11 AM12/30/15
to WebIOPi

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 10:06:36 PM UTC, trouch wrote:
Wanted to let you know that this patch break retro compatibility.
An official WebIOPi release should come this month, I hope next week.

Hmmm what happened to this ?

Eric PTAK

Jan 18, 2016, 9:49:33 AM1/18/16
to web...@googlegroups.com
Soon ! Finishing some improvements.
Will be sync with Cayenne public release.

maia.s...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2016, 4:08:48 AM3/3/16
to WebIOPi

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 8:29:58 PM UTC+8, Keisuke Seya wrote:
You can use the patch from the following URL to get WebIOPi-0.7.1 up and running on both "Raspberry Pi Model B+" and "Raspberry Pi 2 Model B"  :
https://github.com/doublebind/raspi

The Patch did  not work on Raspberry Pi B+ ... I tried anyting I can find on the net but I stilI got this error:
Exception happened during processing of request from ('::ffff:10.197.81.132', 65207, 0, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 295, in _handle_request_noblock
    self.process_request(request, client_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 321, in process_request
    self.finish_request(request, client_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 334, in finish_request
    self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 655, in __init__
    self.handle()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 340, in handle
    self.handle_one_request()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 328, in handle_one_request
    method()
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv6l/egg/webiopi/protocols/http.py", line 267, in do_GET
    self.processRequest()
  File "build/bdist.linux-armv6l/egg/webiopi/protocols/http.py", line 258, in processRequest
    except (GPIO.InvalidDirectionException, GPIO.InvalidChannelException, GPIO.SetupException) as e:
NameError: global name 'GPIO' is not defined

maia.s...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2016, 4:10:43 AM3/3/16
to WebIOPi
In Addition Here's the screen shot when accessing the GPIO headers

Keisuke Seya

Mar 3, 2016, 5:14:07 AM3/3/16
to WebIOPi
I  know that the browser which is installed with Rasbian NOOBS1.5.0 does not work with WebIOPi.  This might be still true with the latest NOOBS1.8.0.  If this is the case you might be able to solve the problem if you use Chromium browser instead.  Or, you can always try to use the browser from you notebook PC.

2016年3月3日木曜日 18時10分43秒 UTC+9 maia.s...@gmail.com:

maia.s...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2016, 5:23:33 AM3/3/16
to WebIOPi
I have tried it on firefox, IE and Chrome, Same result... I'm using the Raspbian Jessie Lite Image from raspberrypi.org.

Keisuke Seya

Mar 3, 2016, 5:35:35 AM3/3/16
to WebIOPi
I'm 100% sure that it works with NOOBS1.5.0 and Chromium.  Did you try to reinstall WebIOPi and its patch?

maia.s...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2016, 5:49:51 AM3/3/16
to WebIOPi
yes i tried to re-install several times. also tried other suggestions in this forum and other sites.I. also try to install on freshly install raspbian jesse lite image. but same result:( I tried it on raspberry pi 2B and its works. only in Raspberry Pi B+ it is not working.

maia.s...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2016, 2:04:05 AM3/4/16
to WebIOPi
I tried again in new OS (OSMC). Still have the same IN/OUT is not showing.. Below my CPU info B+ is is revision is 0010 and looks like not defined in "int get_rpi_revision(void)" in cpuinfo.c ... I'm no expert here but im assuming this might related and maybe in other files need to add something for B+.

  cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
model name      : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)
BogoMIPS        : 697.95
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java tls
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xb76
CPU revision    : 7

Hardware        : BCM2708
Revision        : 0010
Serial          : 00000000dc693ef6

Keisuke Seya

Mar 4, 2016, 3:01:17 AM3/4/16
to WebIOPi
The revision of your hardware is '1' ( http://elinux.org/RPi_HardwareHistory ).  You can simply rewrite the function,  int get_rpi_revision(void), to return 1.  I hope it works for you.

maia.s...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2016, 3:46:00 AM3/4/16
to WebIOPi
Thanks for the reply, Am I doing it right? Please see below. Re-install webiopi with the changes below yield same result :)

int get_rpi_revision(void)
{
   char revision[1024] = {'\0'};

   if (get_cpuinfo_revision(revision) == NULL)
      return -1;

   if ((strcmp(revision, "0002") == 0) ||
       (strcmp(revision, "1000002") == 0 ) ||
       (strcmp(revision, "0010") == 0) ||
       (strcmp(revision, "1000010") == 0 ))
      return 1;
   else if ((strcmp(revision, "0004") == 0) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "1000004") == 0 ) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "0005") == 0) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "1000005") == 0 ) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "0006") == 0) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "1000006") == 0 ))
      return 2;
   else if ((strcmp(revision, "a01041") == 0) ||
            (strcmp(revision, "a21041") == 0 ))
      return 3;
   else // assume rev 4
      return 4;
}

Keisuke Seya

Mar 4, 2016, 9:55:28 AM3/4/16
to WebIOPi
The code looks fine.  Since I have a chance to install WebIOPi in few days, I will check the case with the latest Rasbian OS.

maia.s...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2016, 11:02:07 AM3/4/16
to WebIOPi
Great. Thanks in advance. If you need to test let me know. Thanks again
Message has been deleted

Seppo Alanara

Apr 10, 2016, 5:06:52 PM4/10/16
to WebIOPi
I have the same issue as maia with latest Jessie + Raspberry 2 B with the patches. I have not tried the HW revision bit change yet. Would appreciate if you could confirm the changed code.
thanks,

Seppo Alanara

Apr 10, 2016, 5:15:54 PM4/10/16
to WebIOPi
   Hello. I have installed the webiopi with the patches to raspberry 2 b. The web interface does not work. All buttons are drawn but the state buttons are grey with no state information ( input/output).
I have latest Jessie OS installed. webiopi works with no patches in Raspberry 1b.

SriRam Chadalavada

Apr 17, 2016, 10:10:21 PM4/17/16
to WebIOPi
HI Eric,
  First of all, thanks very much for creating a very useful framework!
  Would you be interested in consulting with my company to port this for Beaglebone Black running Ubuntu with python installed? Are you already working on making this truly an IoE cross platform framework?

Cheers,
Sriram

Jim Julian

May 17, 2016, 1:47:44 PM5/17/16
to WebIOPi
Hello Keisuke,

   Just tried your patch on my new Pi 3 and everything works great. Thank you.
Message has been deleted

Cagan Celik

May 18, 2016, 5:47:13 PM5/18/16
to WebIOPi
Hi,

I tried your patch on my Raspberry Pi 3 and it threw me this error message.

Weston Lowrie

May 25, 2016, 2:06:21 AM5/25/16
to WebIOPi
I am using a Raspberry Pi 2 B V1.1.  I installed the patch, and reran the webiopi setup.  When starting the server, I think it is important to explicitly use python3 like this:
sudo python3 -m webiopi 8000

when starting with just 'python' it was throwing the GPIO errors and the website was not loading properly (e.g. IN/OUT not showing in grey boxes).

Hope that works for others.

Wes

Toshi Bass

May 25, 2016, 6:04:55 AM5/25/16
to WebIOPi
Of coarse your free to do anything you want with webiopi however advising others to use    sudo python3 -m webiopi 8000    is poor advice.

To run webiopi in debug mode use   sudo webiopi -d -c /etc/webiopi/config   as you can see from this command that starts webiopi and loads the setup from the webiopi config file, with the debug output going to the console.

When you run in background mode using   sudo /etc/init.d/webiopi start   in wheezy or  sudo systemctl start webiopi  in jessie that also loads the setup from the webiopi config file, with the debug output to var/log/webiopi.

Without first loading the config file you will encounter issues loading your custom scripts, with routes to your files, password issues and devices configuration etc.

Oğuzhan Sarıyurt

Jun 16, 2016, 4:01:16 PM6/16/16
to WebIOPi
weston it is working, thank you so much, my all best wishes goes to you :)

Odys Lam

Jun 30, 2016, 8:46:55 AM6/30/16
to WebIOPi
Hey, I am thinking about update my OS to jessie,

In the git page it lists 2 commands: webiopi start and webiopi enable, what's the difference?

Also, I am glad that I see people still working on webiopi and having a thriving community

Toshi Bass

Jun 30, 2016, 1:09:36 PM6/30/16
to WebIOPi

sudo webiopi -d -c /etc/webiopi/config start webiopi in debug mode (log to console same for wheezy & Jessie

ctrl+c close webiopi service that is running in debug mode

sudo systemctl start webiopi  previously  sudo /etc/init.d/webiopi start = start webiopi service in background .. log to var/log/webiopi

sudo systemctl stop webiopi  previously  sudo /etc/init.d/webiopi stop = stop webiopi service in background

sudo systemctl enable webiopi  previously  sudo update-rc.d webiopi defaults = start at boot

sudo systemctl disable webiopi  previously  sudo update-rc.d webiopi remove = disable start at boot

tail -f -n 50 /var/log/webiopi   view running log on console in background mode

Odys Lam

Jul 1, 2016, 8:50:20 AM7/1/16
to WebIOPi
Once again Toshi to the rescue, thanks man!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

hal8000b

Jun 7, 2017, 1:23:09 PM6/7/17
to WebIOPi
Unable to Patch Pi 2 Model B Version 1.1

I have two  Pi 2 Mode B's, one is version 1.1 and the other version1 .2
Both have been working fine for over 15 months
Last night the Version 1.1 (running OSMC  based on Debian Jessie)
updated, now webiopi does not work.

More specificly the webiopi module has lost its GPIO clas sattributes:
 import webiopi
>>> dir(webiopi)
['BOARD_REVISION', 'Server', 'VERSION', '__builtins__',  --snip--]

The version of webiopi that works looks like below
['BOARD_REVISION', 'GPIO', 'Server', .......]

Second class is 'GPIO'

The patch applied to webiopi installs without an error message. I have reinstalled
webiopi and applied the patch again but still cannot get this to work.
The Pi 2 model B that doesnt work has following revision:
cat /proc/cpuinfo
Hardware        : BCM2835
Revision        : a21041
Serial          : 000000008cdd8092
osmc@osmc:~$

Its based on Broadcom BCM2836
https://www.makershed.com/pages/raspberry-pi-comparison-chart

Raspberry Pi changed to Broadcom 2837 chipset with version 1.2

This has been patched successfully before, dont understand why I cant patch
it now, any help appreciated.
Think I will manually modify the webiopi.js  that the patch is supposed to change
and see if I can install
Thanks in advance

hal8000b

Jun 7, 2017, 6:18:45 PM6/7/17
to WebIOPi
[SOLVED]
After a few hours I have found the problem.
There are 2 different versions of the patch file.
On this page:
https://github.com/doublebind/raspi

I had downloaded the patch directly below readme.md  File size was 5206 bytes and 143 lines.
If you use wget to pull as per instructions:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/doublebind/raspi/master/webiopi-pi2bplus.patch

File size is 5136 bytes and just 134 lines. Patching with this file has correctly patched my Pi 2 Model B V1.1
Not sure if this will help anyone else. marked as solved now.

Peter Merchant

Nov 14, 2017, 4:36:17 AM11/14/17
to WebIOPi
Not sure that it is solved.
I am using a R-Pi model B. I have installed Raspbian Jessie and updated/upgraded it. It is running webiopi 0.7.1 and Python 2.7.9.

My programs almost run, but do not display Buttons. . Could someone try it and see if they have a solution?

HTML:

config4
index.html
script.py

Peter Merchant

Nov 15, 2017, 9:27:57 AM11/15/17
to web...@googlegroups.com
Could it be because of the version of Python required? The logfile says:

2017-11-15 09:17:40 - WebIOPi - INFO - Starting WebIOPi/0.7.1/Python3.4
2017-11-15 09:17:40 - WebIOPi - INFO - GPIO - Native mapped to REST API /GPIO
2017-11-15 09:17:41 - WebIOPi - INFO - Loading configuration from /etc/webiopi/config
2017-11-15 09:17:41 - WebIOPi - INFO - Loading myscript from /home/pi/rc-car/python/script.py
2017-11-15 09:17:42 - WebIOPi - INFO - Access protected using /etc/webiopi/passwd
2017-11-15 09:17:42 - WebIOPi - INFO - HTTP Server binded on http://192.168.1.8:8000/
2017-11-15 09:17:42 - WebIOPi - INFO - CoAP Server binded on coap://192.168.1.8:5683/
2017-11-15 09:17:42 - WebIOPi - INFO - CoAP Server binded on coap://224.0.1.123:5683/ (MULTICAST)

and the Pi says:
Python 2.7.9 (default, Sep 17 2016, 20:26:04)
[GCC 4.9.2] on linux2

PM

Peter Merchant C.Eng (Ret'd)

neuralassembly

Aug 23, 2019, 8:47:27 AM8/23/19
to WebIOPi
I created a new patch that supports Raspbian Buster and Raspberry Pi 4.
Please see the instructions below.

Please use it until the pull request to the doublebind's one is merged.

Don Peace

Dec 3, 2019, 9:51:11 AM12/3/19
to WebIOPi
What is the command to make this new WebIOPi-0.7.1 Patch auto start at boot?

I'm also confused by the fact that this new version uses

sudo service webiopi start

sudo service webiopi stop

whilst Toshi Bass (above) gives the commands as

sudo systemctl start webiopi

sudo systemctl stop webiopi

Many thanks for all the great work

odysseas lamtzidis

Dec 3, 2019, 10:35:19 AM12/3/19
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Oooh the memories, it’s been ages since I las used webiopi. As a fellow tinkerer, I would advice to check other projects with active communities, such as Cayenne and HomeAssistant.io

Cheers,

Lamtzidis Odysseas,
Website: odyslam.me

Peter

Dec 3, 2019, 11:01:13 AM12/3/19
to WebIOPi
Hi
For me this worked:
to start in background:   sudo /etc/init.d/webiopi start
to start at boot: sudo update-rc.d webiopi defaults

The patch is upgraded by the freenove. Now all the procedure works fine for Pi4.
First change pin from IN to OUT then click on pin.
Good luck
procedure webiopi.jpg
20191127_072538.jpg

Don Peace

Dec 3, 2019, 11:05:11 AM12/3/19
to WebIOPi
I have legacy systems and Webiopi has served me well!

Apart from this small detail which is not a deal breaker and hopefully will be resolved, this patch has enabled me to quickly and easily upgrade from Wheezy on a Pi1 to Buster on a Pi3

Awesome

On Friday, 23 August 2019 13:47:27 UTC+1, neuralassembly wrote:
I created a new patch that supports Raspbian Buster and Raspberry Pi 4.
Please see the instructions below.

Please use it until the pull request to the doublebind's one is merged.

Don Peace

Dec 3, 2019, 11:19:29 AM12/3/19
to WebIOPi
But this is a different patch.
I'm looking for the commands for https://github.com/neuralassembly/raspi2/
There seem to be several patches all with different commands
but just need someone to help me work out the correct set of matching commands