How to change the value of a variable when running one test multiple times

cctab90

May 5, 2014, 4:40:57 PM5/5/14
to webi...@googlegroups.com
I used web inject at a job several years ago and haven't used it in a while, I know we used to use wildcards and then get a value from an external file.  It was something like ##SSN## or something like that but I can't remember anymore.

For example,

I have a field on my web form that I am testing called "vegetable".  I want to run the test ten times using one case.  Can I use a flat file to feed it 10 different possible values for the variable?

<case id=1
method="post"
url=
postbody="okra, broccoli, apple, eggplant, corn, spinach, pea, cabbage, bean, asparagus".
verifypositive=
verifynegative=
/case>

So on the first run, it will populate the variable "vegetable"=okra, on the second run, it will populate with broccoli, etc.  then I can verify if it is or isn't a vegetable, so that on the third run the value vegetable=apple would fail.
Do I have to use 10 cases or can I feed those 10 possible values in using an external file, delimited or some other way?  Using wildcards?  #VEG

Thanks.