Hide the URL bar

Nemorosus

Mar 7, 2012, 8:27:05 AM3/7/12
to webian
I would like to know if it is possible to totally hide the URL bar,
just pre-load the start up page and not being able to enter the url.
Thanks.

Ben Francis

Mar 7, 2012, 10:15:46 AM3/7/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid this isn't currently possible. I think there might be some kiosk extensions that allow you to do that with Firefox?

I'm currently re-writing Webian Shell to be based more on Mozilla B2G than Mozilla Chromeless. This will mean the browser UI will actually be a web app loaded from a web server and cached locally, as the B2G homescreen will also work.

Once this is done, achieving what you describe would be a simple case of changing the URL of the browser UI to the URL of the web page you want to start on!

Ben
--
Ben Francis
http://tola.me.uk

Nemorosus

Mar 7, 2012, 9:00:09 PM3/7/12
to webian
I have actually found a way of doing this by editing the CSS file
where the address bar height is specified to 0px and it is barely
visible, but still didn't achieve the full effect of removing the
whole address bar, because removing it from the index.html file messes
up everything, and removing the address bar configuration in the
javascript also messes up...