key binding

Nick

Feb 21, 2012, 7:12:15 AM2/21/12
to webian
in ubuntu 11.10, I added a key binding to load pandora.com in google
chrome:

/opt/google/chrome/google-chrome http://www.pandora.com/

but I am unable to get a similar key binding to work after replacing
google-chrome path with Webian path:

/opt/Webian Shell/Webian Shell http://www.pandora.com/

pandora.com runs great in Webian, that is why I want to add the
binding.

Pawan Hegde

Feb 21, 2012, 10:31:38 AM2/21/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Could that be because of the spaces between "Webian" and "Shell"? :)
Try "Webian\ Shell"
--
Regards,
Pawan Hegde

Sam Black

Feb 21, 2012, 5:53:48 PM2/21/12
to web...@googlegroups.com

Nick

Feb 22, 2012, 8:36:57 PM2/22/12
to webian
Pawan, thanks for the tip.

the backslash tip works for key bindings in Ubuntu 11.10. this is the
command line I used:

/opt/Webian\ Shell/Webian\ Shell

but, at the present time, if you put a URL after that argument, the
URL does not open.

ref. https://github.com/webianproject/shell/issues/123

On Feb 21, 9:31 am, Pawan Hegde <h.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could that be because of the spaces between "Webian" and "Shell"? :)
> Try "Webian\ Shell"
>
> On 21 February 2012 17:42, Nick <ntri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > in ubuntu 11.10, I added a key binding to load pandora.com in google
> > chrome:
>
> > /opt/google/chrome/google-chromehttp://www.pandora.com/
>
> > but I am unable to get a similar key binding to work after replacing
> > google-chrome path with Webian path:
>
> > /opt/Webian Shell/Webian Shellhttp://www.pandora.com/

Nick

Feb 22, 2012, 9:03:57 PM2/22/12
to webian
thanks Sam.

I look forward to being able to pass URLs like that to quickly run
apps in Webian Shell.

I used that black square Webian Shell icon image to create a launcher
icon in Unity Launcher—such launchers can be added using alacarte,
then key in the app's name in Unity Dash, click & drag.