Luuk Lamers

Mar 22, 2012, 6:08:26 PM3/22/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to skin away at Webian Shell (while the chromeless project seems to be dead and I cannot get chromeless 0.3 plus xulrunner to work on my OSX lion) and found out it's not possible to go to google.com.
Sometimes it just shows the google favicon and as an url states "about:blank". In other cases it doesn't even load the favicon.

Any ideas on this, and the status of the webian and chromeless projects? It all seems kinda dead, apart from some active communities here and there.

Ben Francis

Mar 22, 2012, 6:12:15 PM3/22/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Chromeless is pretty much dead, Webian is a little quiet at the moment but it's definitely still alive.

The bug you describe is a well known bug due to framebusting on the part of web sites. This will be fixed by the re-write of Webian which is currently taking place and which will replace Chromeless with a desktop build of B2G (Boot to Gecko) as the back end.

Thanks

Ben
--
Ben Francis
http://tola.me.uk

Luuk Lamers

Mar 22, 2012, 6:15:43 PM3/22/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Is there a possibility that this new version of webian will be skinnable via js and css files too? Cause that would finally enable me to make a working prototype of the kind of browser i have in mind and test different theories I have about usability. A mockup, in those cases, simply doesn't cut it.

Ben Francis

Mar 22, 2012, 6:18:17 PM3/22/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Yes, in the new version of Webian the browser interface will basically be a web app itself, but that's not much different to how it is now.