Customize web hooks to listen to a repository

Hemanth Acharya

Mar 5, 2015, 2:45:07 AM3/5/15
to webh...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am new to web hooks, so please bear with my naive questions :)

I need to listen to a repository for the git commits and send the payload across to some other URL through rest calls. I have seen the GitHub plugin which does this job for the repos in GitHub, how can I replicate the same for any git repo which is not GitHub hosted?  Can you post some pointers where I can start from?

Thanks,
Hemanth

John Herren

Mar 5, 2015, 6:03:59 AM3/5/15
to webh...@googlegroups.com
Hemanth,

Git supports both client and server side actions via your own scripts. Have a look here to see what's possible:

Best,
jhh

Alan Shreve

Mar 5, 2015, 12:47:27 PM3/5/15