Fwd: I work for Parse, would love to hear your thoughts on our new webhooks product

Jeff Lindsay

Apr 2, 2015, 2:30:02 PM4/2/15
to webh...@googlegroups.com
interesting email about recently announced parse webhooks...

Apr 3, 2015, 4:41:40 AM4/3/15
to webh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've seen this used internally on at least two companies that I work(ed) for. We currently use this to process integration messages remotely, and on our order flow as a way to enrich a order with extra stuff before reaching the OMS.

When tarpipe.com was around, I tried to convince the developers to use this model, without much luck. I do hope to see parse.com succeed with this, it is an interesting model to pursue.

AWS BeanStalk worker "mode" also uses this: you deploy a web app, and AWS provides a glue component between SQS (their queuing system) and HTTP POST endpoints on your webapp.

Finally, the next items on my agenda for this type of stuff is to replace HTTP with WebSockets as the transport. We would like to see if we can lower the latency of our setup (the endpoints sit around 5000k awy from each other, 150ms on a good day), so all those HTTP handshakes (even with keep-alive we get some) have some impact on this. Why not direct TCP with some light framing on top? Ecosystem… The possibility of using nginx for a lot of our TLS termination, load-balancing and other niceties makes WebSockets very interesting to us…

Bye,

Mike Kelly

Apr 3, 2015, 6:31:30 AM4/3/15
to webh...@googlegroups.com

Pedro Melo

Apr 4, 2015, 10:33:51 AM4/4/15
to webh...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but the server and client libraries to use SPDY are less mature than websockets for now.

I'm sure that going forward SPDY would be a great alternative.

Sent from my iPhone

ni...@liverowing.net

May 27, 2016, 12:10:33 PM5/27/16
to Webhooks
Hey Jeff, Could I use webhooks to send user signup emails to MailChimp? I need to keep a clean list in Mailchimp of our parse users. We we are using Mandrill for transactional emails but there is no good integration from Mandrill to Mailchimp for updating lists.

Jeff Lindsay

May 27, 2016, 12:59:24 PM5/27/16
to webh...@googlegroups.com
The question isn't what you can use webhooks for, but if your event source provides webhooks.

Benjamin Young

Jun 2, 2016, 1:24:02 PM6/2/16
to webh...@googlegroups.com

Nick,

Your best bet is to reach out to Mandrill/MailChimp for support on this one.

Cheers!

Benjamin

--

http://bigbluehat.com/

Nicholas Sheedy

Jun 2, 2016, 1:24:59 PM6/2/16
to webh...@googlegroups.com
We used the API for both Mandrill and Mailchimp — we are all set now. Thanks Ben!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Webhooks" group.