New version is online

Petr Sloup - Klokan Technologies GmbH

Feb 2, 2011, 3:13:59 PM2/2/11
to WebGL Earth Developer Group
Hi,

New version of WebGL Earth is online at http://www.webglearth.com/.

The most significant addition is marker implementation - when you
search for some location, the selected result is marked with a little
"pin" and it points to that place no matter how you rotate the globe.
This is possible because we implemented methods projecting points from
screen-space to geo-space (XY on canvas to physical latitude and
longitude) and vice-versa.

We also improved MouseZoomer implementation, which now provides smooth
zooming with consistent results across different browsers and
hardware.

The next step is making Markers available via API. We would like to
hear your opinion on how the interface should look like. Our goal is
to make it powerful yet easy to use.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

--
Petr Sloup
(Software Engineer)

Klokan Technologies GmbH
Bahnhofstrasse 9, Baar 6340, Switzerland
Tel: +41 (0)41 511 26 12
Email: in...@klokantech.com
Web: http://www.klokantech.com/