Problem about the absence of encryption methods/standards for 3D objects

Francesco Roberto Dani (FRD93)

Jun 8, 2023, 1:27:32 AM6/8/23
to WebGL Dev List

Hello everybody,

Our research group at university is trying to define a project about securing 3D assets for 3D web platforms (mainly, .OBJ files). To motivate our proposal, we need to find out some either formal or informal bibliography/sitography that states the current problem about the absence of encryption methods/standards. Does anybody of you have some links to documents or web pages? I found only academic papers that try to solve the problem, but nothing about “the problem” itself.

Thanks in advance. Best,

FD

Leonid Petrunya

Jun 8, 2023, 1:37:49 PM6/8/23
to WebGL Dev List
You can convert the file to some internal representation and then work with this representation. I did things like that. Loads many times faster and the source file is not available. Although full-fledged encryption on the webgl is impossible.

четверг, 8 июня 2023 г. в 08:27:32 UTC+3, Francesco Roberto Dani (FRD93):

Oleksandr Popov

Jun 9, 2023, 4:40:44 AM6/9/23
to WebGL Dev List
You will always end up creating unencrypted buffers with vertex data and textures to be used by GPU no matter how you encrypt source data.