Floating Islands WebGL demo

Oleksandr Popov

Oct 29, 2022, 12:46:10 PM10/29/22
to WebGL Dev List
Hello again!

I've made a new WebGL 2.0 demo with stylized scene of fly-by through magic floating islands - https://keaukraine.github.io/webgl-rock-pillars/index.html

It has UI to switch time of day and play around with some scene parameters.

Also I've written an article explaining objects placement generation, shaders and other stuff - https://dev.to/keaukraine/floating-islands-webgl-demo-995

Best regards,
   Oleksandr

Brandon Jones

Oct 31, 2022, 4:35:07 PM10/31/22
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
Very nice demo, and I really appreciate the writeup of how you developed it! A lesson I've learned over and over again is that documenting any part of my process, even if it seems fairly mundane to me at the time, pays dividends to the community in the future.

--Brandon

Ken Russell

Oct 31, 2022, 6:59:24 PM10/31/22
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
+1, very nice demo Oleksandr! Thank you for open-sourcing it and for your nice, detailed writeup of how it works! Your work here will positively impact the community for a long time to come.

-Ken

Oleksandr Popov

Nov 1, 2022, 8:32:29 AM11/1/22
to WebGL Dev List
Thank you Ken and Brandon for all these kind words! I really appreciate your feedback!

Best regards,
   Oleksandr

demidov...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2022, 2:12:18 PM11/1/22