Intoducing Zea Engine

已查看 40 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Philip Taylor

未读,
2021年1月4日 14:38:422021/1/4
收件人 WebGL Dev List
Hi, I'd like to introduce myself. I am founder of Zea and architect of the Zea Engine. Zea Engine is a high performance WebGL based visualization engine.

Keu Features
  • Performance: multiple rendering paths based on the level of webgl support.
  • Versatility:
    • Plugin based architecture.
      • Rendering plugins for all kids of things, from labels, to PoTree point clouds, to huge CAD models.
    • Operator model for runtime updates (like Maya, 3dsmax,  Blender etc...)
      • governed by a lazily evaluated DAG(Directed Acyclic graph)
  • Reach: Runs on all devices supporting WebGL. (this is a personal pain point for me. Come on Safari!!!, its 2021!!)
Currently the engine is closed source, but watch this space... We do open source loads of plugins and all our examples and templates.

Come check it out, and I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

thanks, and Happy New Year!

Ken Russell

未读,
2021年1月4日 16:51:012021/1/4
收件人 WebGL Dev List
Hi Philip,

Nice to meet you and thanks for sharing your engine! Your demos have impressively fast startup time and look great!

Regarding Safari's WebGL support - Google and Apple have been collaborating since mid-2019 to integrate the ANGLE project as Safari's WebGL backend. WebGL 1.0 conformance is already greatly improved, and WebGL 2.0 should (hopefully) ship on both macOS and iOS later this year. Try Safari Technology Preview on macOS, which has WebGL 2.0 enabled by default, and please file any bugs you see on WebKit's issue tracker!

-Ken

Philip Taylor

未读,
2021年1月4日 19:14:462021/1/4
收件人 WebGL Dev List
Thanks for the comments on the demos.
My favorite is the Robot Animation. ( https://docs.zea.live/RobotAnimation )
Here we see a full iterative CCD IK solver, with a layer of pistons, and another IK solver, all running in JavaScript, with PoTree running in the background displaying the scanned building.
The target is driven by a keyframe animation track (that you can edit live), and each time the target moves, the DAG is dirtied, and subsequently cleaned during rendering.
Its not the sexiest engine, but damn its powerful...

Yes, I have been following the progress of webgl2 on Safari closely for quite a few months.
As exciting as it would be to get webgl2 in Safari, we may get webgpu support around the same time given that it is also currently behind a flag. (or am I missing something?).
We are expecting to push out a port for webgpu  as soon as it is production ready and enabled by default.

Jeff Gilbert

未读,
2021年1月4日 19:53:152021/1/4
收件人 webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
WebGL 2 will definitely be universal long before WebGPU comes out.
WebGPU is not nearly as close to release as we'd love it to be,
whereas WebGL 2 will be everywhere Soon(tm).
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/webgl-dev-list/5bf92f27-4ba5-4dda-8366-2031664df8bbn%40googlegroups.com.

Ken Russell

未读,
2021年1月4日 19:58:512021/1/4
收件人 WebGL Dev List
+1 to that. Assuming WebGL 2.0 in Safari ships as hoped / planned, it will be available quite a bit before WebGPU is universally available.

Definitely do try the WebGPU implementations available behind a flag in the various browsers, ask questions on the WebGPU discussion lists, and file any bugs you find against either implementations, or the specification!

-Ken

回复全部
回复作者
转发