WebGL PLS not supported

Oleksandr Popov

Apr 16, 2023, 9:34:46 AM4/16/23
to WebGL Dev List
Hello,

I'm trying to get WEBGL_shader_pixel_local_storage extension to work but apparently it is not available on my PC.

Using Chrome Canary 114.0.5715.0 on Windows 10. Launching it with "--enable-webgl-draft-extensions" flag, the same flag is enabled in chrome://flags
Switched it to use GeForce RTX 3060. Still see no extension available.

Testing it with these web pages:

Please advise.

Best regards,
   Oleksandr

Ken Russell

Apr 17, 2023, 7:40:13 PM4/17/23
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oleksandr,

The Blink-side changes supporting WEBGL_shader_pixel_local_storage haven't landed yet. A few changes have been made to the PLS spec and how it's hooked into the rest of the browser. These are almost completely done, and the IDL and implementation should follow shortly. Please watch crbug.com/1421437 and dependent bugs for more updates.

-Ken

Oleksandr Popov

Apr 19, 2023, 3:13:22 AM4/19/23
to WebGL Dev List