ThreeJS and VR flowers?

demidov...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2020, 2:05:13 AM9/15/20
to WebGL Dev List
I have old (2017) WebVR procedural gardens at https://www.ibiblio.org/e-notes/webvr/samples.htm (still work in Firefox). It is easier for me to use pure JS but ThreeJS may be more acceptable for others "gardeners". Procedural IFS meshes and textures are used for flowers. Pure GLMatrix is used. I need simple navigation controls. I'd like to edit flower shapes by "hand" in VR (in a while) and save gardens on a server (pure fantasy :)
What can I use as a simple ThreeJS prototype for beginning (Jaume Sanches? :)

Evgeny

Jaume Sánchez

Sep 15, 2020, 4:40:15 PM9/15/20
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
threejs has multiple examples of its xr features: https://threejs.org/examples/?q=webxr
you could use the handinput (which supports multiple controller profiles) to draw in VR
there's a couple of examples for drawing and sculpting in 3d in vr https://threejs.org/examples/?q=webxr#webxr_vr_sculpt