WebGL posted Upside Down from OffscreenCanvas

Bob Blaine

Oct 7, 2022, 4:42:32 PM10/7/22
to WebGL Dev List
Hi,

I don't know if this is a bug or there's something I'm not doing correctly and am hoping for some insight.

I am part of a team developing an application using Chromium Embedded Framework, though I've been able to reproduce this in Chrome 106.0.5249.62.

I've attached a web page that demonstrates the issue. It draws a wireframe box whose vertices are red if Y is positive and Green if Negative. The code uses an OffscreenCanvas for generation of an image from WebGL and moves the image to an ImageBitmapRenderingContext in a canvas in the DOM using the standard transferImageto/from... protocol.

If you start Chrome regularly, the box is red on the top and green on the bottom, however, if you start Chrome with --disable-gpu-compositing, the box is green on top and red on the bottom. Basically the image is Y-flipped in the software compositing process.

Is there something I should be doing that I'm not? If this is a bug, I'd be glad to file it.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Blaine

WebGLSourceTest.html

Ken Russell

Oct 7, 2022, 4:54:54 PM10/7/22
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

It looks like this bug's already been filed as https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1342153 . Sorry for the delay in addressing it; I've asked a couple of colleagues if they can look into it sooner. Feel free to add your test case to that bug.

Thanks,

-Ken

Bob Blaine

Oct 10, 2022, 9:25:50 AM10/10/22
to WebGL Dev List
Thanks, Ken!

(Unfortunately I don't have access to that group.:-))

Ken Russell

Oct 10, 2022, 3:39:19 PM10/10/22
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

Ah, sorry about that. The bug was filed by a Google-internal team and it looks like it might contain some product-specific details so shouldn't be made publicly visible. Could you please file your bug with your test case and I'll link them together?

Thanks,

-Ken

Bob Blaine

Nov 1, 2022, 2:44:30 PM11/1/22
to WebGL Dev List
I've submitted this as bug 1380473.

Thanks for your help!

Ken Russell

Nov 2, 2022, 2:35:34 AM11/2/22
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for filing it Bob. Have triaged it, have a CL up for review fixing assertion failures with your test case, and am asking a colleague to fix the underlying vertical-flip bug.

-Ken