space-shooter.c: A cross-platform, top-down 2D space shooter in C with an WebAssembly/WebGL back end

Tarek Sherif

Aug 17, 2022, 9:12:50 AM8/17/22
to Digest recipients
Hi all,

I just finished porting my recent game project, space-shooter.c, to WebAssembly/WebGL via Emscripten: https://tsherif.github.io/space-shooter.c/site/

It's a top-down, 2D space shooter written completely in C11 using only platform libraries. It supports Windows, Linux and the Web. It's not the most sophisticated usage of WebGL, but I think it serves as a relatively simple example of low-level game development that cross-compiles natively and for the Web. A complete description of the architecture is available here: https://github.com/tsherif/space-shooter.c/blob/master/ARCHITECTURE.md

Comments welcome!

Ken Russell

Sep 6, 2022, 12:05:22 PM9/6/22
to WebGL Dev List
Nice work Tarek! Thanks for sharing in such detail how you created it - it's fascinating that a full game can be made multiplatform + web with so little code and dependencies.

The music and sound effects are great!

-Ken