iPadOS 16.4.1 freeze on loading

J-B Vincent

May 3, 2023, 7:43:13 PM5/3/23
to WebGL Dev List
Hi all,

We are using Safari to render large CAD models in an enterprise environment (e.g. a factory floor).

Since the recent iPadOS 16.4.1 updates on an iPad mini 6th gen we are experiencing complete rendering freeze while the assets are loading, forcing the user to refresh the page.

We have other devices with the same hardware and same exact same code running on iPadOS 16.3.1 that are not experiencing that freeze.

We have disable the experimental feature : 'GPU Process: Canvas Rendering' and 'GPU Process: DOM Rendering'

Do you know what are the changes between those two version (16.4.1 and 16.3.1) that could have introduced that behavior ?

Any help appreciated, thanks
JB

Ivan Popelyshev

May 4, 2023, 3:06:15 AM5/4/23
to WebGL Dev List
Might be related:

https://github.com/pixijs/pixijs/issues/9414

четверг, 4 мая 2023 г. в 02:43:13 UTC+3, J-B Vincent:

J-B Vincent

May 17, 2023, 2:21:48 PM5/17/23
to WebGL Dev List
Thank you for your answer,

I was able to find a workaround by reducing the scene memory as well as disabling the multi draw part of the engine use.

Thanks a lot,
JB