WebGL Vs Unity WebGL & problem with BigSur

Jorge Lobato

Nov 20, 2020, 12:02:26 PM11/20/20
to WebGL Dev List
Hi from México! This is the first time in the group, i have a question: what is the difference between the Unity web GL and Web GL?
Problem with Big Sur:
I made a virtual gallery with Unity Webgl: galeriavirtual.net but when i put in my mac the Big Sur, i can't see it. i don´t know the problem.
Thanks
Jorge Lobato

igor choromanski

Nov 20, 2020, 2:55:47 PM11/20/20
to webgl-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jorge,

You can find the technical description of how Unity's WebGL exporter works here:

Short version:
Unity transpiles from C++/C# to Wasm, WebGL as such is a Javascript API

For what you're trying to do you'd generally be much better off with a 'native' approach as those tend to be much more lightweight and stable.
Some popular options include: three.js, babylon.js and playcanvas. Playcanvas may be the easiest for you to pick up coming from Unity.

cheers,
Igor

Ken Russell

Nov 20, 2020, 6:38:21 PM11/20/20
to WebGL Dev List
Hi Jorge,

With your Unity export, also, please check the JavaScript console and look for errors. Your page runs fine on my Mac (still running 10.15.7) on Chrome 86.0.4240.198.

If you have a problem with a specific configuration please tell us what kind of machine you have, the version of the browser you're running, and about:gpu from Chrome or about:support from Firefox (if it's one of those two browsers).

Thanks,

-Ken

Screen-Shot-2020-11-10.jpg