Adjusted p-values for ORA analysis

Agnese Giovannetti

Aug 2, 2022, 10:43:13 AM8/2/22
to webgestalt
Dear Webgestalt community,

I need a clarification on how adjusted p-values are calculated during ORA analysis.
I have a set of genes for which I am performing a disease enrichment (GLAD4U based). When I run the analysis using WebGestaltR, I obtain the enrichment results here attached. However, when I try to calculate, from obtained p-values, the adjusted p-values using R function "p.adjust" (with "BH" method), I do not obtain same adjusted p-values reported in the enrichment results file.
Could you please help me?

This is the code for WebGestaltR
>WebGestaltR(enrichDatabase="disease_GLAD4U",
interestGeneType="genesymbol",
interestGeneFile="myfile.txt",
referenceSet="genome_protein-coding",
minNum=5,
maxNum = 200,
sigMethod="top",
topThr=1000,
fdrMethod="BH",
reportNum=1000)

Thanks,

Agnese
enrichment_results_1659451257.txt

Yuxing Liao

Aug 12, 2022, 12:25:25 PM8/12/22
to Agnese Giovannetti, webgestalt
Hi Agnese,

I think it is likely because you do not have p-values for all gene sets to compare. For example, you probably just adjust p-values for the reported significant gene sets. But the program has to adjust p-values for all gene sets at once.

Yuxing