Content of zipped results folder

Florian Schober

Jan 14, 2021, 4:29:40 AM1/14/21
to webgestalt

Hi,

I am usually downloading the Webgestalt output as a zipped folder, store it locally and access it via R. I cannot find a result file that would link an enriched category with every member in it, regardless of the sign, i.e. a category with a negative enrichment score would only  return members with a negative sign in "enrichment_results_wg_result.*.txt" However, from the running ES plot it is clear that these do actually exist.

Is there a way to conveniently extract this info, without going via secondary packages?

Thank you for your help!
Florian

Yuxing Liao

Jan 15, 2021, 6:09:28 PM1/15/21
to Florian Schober, webgestalt
Hi Florian,

I am not sure what you need exactly. But here are several related things:
  • the genes in the leading edge are concatenated in the result file (which probably you've seen)
  • all the genes in a gene set. This is basically the GMT file or database, which can be downloaded from the result webpage in the top Job Summary section.
  • All the information to produce the enrichment plot. This can only be saved with an option in our R package (not on the server).
Yuxing