Error with minimum number of genes for a category?

Vincent Lynch

Sep 12, 2022, 11:28:20 AM9/12/22
to webgestalt
Hi All,

I just noticed that with the online version of WebGestalt the "minimum number of genes for a category" seems to be ignored. When I set it to five, I get enriched categories with 1-4 genes, is there a way to set the minimum number of genes for a categories that I am missing?

Thanks
Vinny

Yuxing Liao

Sep 21, 2022, 4:40:32 PM9/21/22
to Vincent Lynch, webgestalt
Hi Vincent,

Are you sure that is the number of gene set size not the size of overlapping genes? It seems changing the threshold filters out some results for me and affects FDRs of other sets in the results.

Yuxing

Vincent Lynch

Sep 23, 2022, 11:33:13 AM9/23/22
to Yuxing Liao, webgestalt
Ah, thanks. I misinterpreted that setting!