Regarding GSEA analysis

Anirban Roy

Aug 5, 2022, 3:26:47 PM8/5/22
to webgestalt
Hi, I am new to GSEA analysis. I have RNA seq data with fold change, log2-fold change, p values and FDR.
1. For GSEA analysis, should I use fold change or log2-fold change values?
2. Should I use all the genes that are differentially expressed in the gene list?
or should I use only the ones with a set p value?
Thank you,
Anirban

Yuxing Liao

Aug 17, 2022, 6:14:25 PM8/17/22
to Anirban Roy, webgestalt
Hi Anirban,

1. I would recommend log2 transformed values, especially if you have a few ones with very large fold changes.
2. Just use all genes. No significant ones are used like background.

Yuxing