[webgen-users] [next] webgen 1.0.0.beta3

Thomas Leitner

Jan 27, 2013, 6:24:30 AM1/27/13
to webgen...@rubyforge.org
Hey everybody,

I have pushed the latest changes to the Github repository and released
the third beta version of webgen!

A generated version of the new webgen homepage is now also available at

http://webgen.rubyforge.org/beta-doc/

Note that nearly all of the links to the reference documentation are
still missing. However, you will get a directory listing showing the
available page under a directory, e.g.

http://webgen.rubyforge.org/beta-doc/documentation/reference/tag/

The API documentation is now also generated by webgen itself and not by
RDoc anymore, for example have a look at

http://webgen.rubyforge.org/beta-doc/documentation/reference/api/Webgen/Website.html
http://webgen.rubyforge.org/beta-doc/documentation/reference/api/Webgen/ContentProcessor.html

Whats new since beta2?

* New path handler for automatically generating API documentation. This
needed to be done separately via RDoc before but now this is
integrated directly into webgen thanks to the recent changes in RDoc 4
* The website templates are now available in a separate extension
bundle (see https://github.com/gettalong/webgen-templates-bundle)
* New meta info 'routing_path' for specifying a different routing path
(e.g. the path that gets used in Node#route_to, Node#link_to)
* New link_definitions extension to allow specifying link definitions
for the whole website. Currently, this feature is only used by the
kramdown content processor.
* Performance improvements
* Many bug fixes

For a complete list of changes since beta2 have a look at the commits!

As for the documentation website:

* Documentation for tags, item trackers, path handlers has been added.
* API documentation is now generated by webgen itself instead of RDoc
* The new link_definitions feature of webgen is used to allow easy
linking to API and other reference documentation.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me. I'm available
most of the time on the #webgen channel on freenode or contact me per
mail or Twitter (@_gettalong).

Best regards,
Thomas