Page menu differences between .4 and .5

David Cargo

May 5, 2013, 8:47:28 PM5/5/13
to webgen...@googlegroups.com
I had to change computers recently, and also had to upgrade which version of webgen I have to use.

In the .4 version, I was able to determine which h1, h2, and h3 headers appeared in the page menu.

In the .5 version, the markup mechanism has changed, and h1 headers appear in the page menu but not the others.

I am using the andreas09 style.

I've searched through the available documentation, but I haven't found any obvious clue about how to make this change.

I was able to figure out how to change the meta information (but that took a lot of searching).

Maybe I missed a transition guide somewhere.

Once I can rebuild the page menu the way I need to, I can fully transition to webgen .5 (apparently just in time to have to switch to 1.0).

Thanks.

David Cargo

May 6, 2013, 12:53:04 PM5/6/13
to webgen...@googlegroups.com, webgen...@rubyforge.org
OK. I think I found it.

I was looking at the config.yaml file, which contained this:
# The available configuration options can be found on the homepage in the Configuration Option
# Reference at
#
#     http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/reference_configuration.html

I had not found an obvious use for before. Eventually it started to make a bit more sense.

Now I have updated the config.yaml and gotten the result I wanted.

Thomas Leitner

May 6, 2013, 1:26:08 PM5/6/13
to webgen...@rubyforge.org, david....@gmail.com
On 2013-05-05 17:47 -0700 David Cargo wrote:
> In the .5 version, the markup mechanism has changed, and h1 headers
> appear in the page menu but not the others.
>
> I am using the andreas09 style.
>
> I've searched through the available documentation, but I haven't
> found any obvious clue about how to make this change.

See
http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/contentprocessor/fragments.html
for more information on which headers are used (they need to have an
ID, otherwise they are not used).

> I was able to figure out how to change the meta information (but that
> took a lot of searching).
>
> Maybe I missed a transition guide somewhere.

There is an upgrade guide at
http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/upgrading.html

> Once I can rebuild the page menu the way I need to, I can fully
> transition to webgen .5 (apparently just in time to have to switch to
> 1.0).

The 1.0 version is rather stable now (though it is still a beta
version) and I already use it on my personal pages. However, I'm not
quite finished with updating the documentation.

Best,
Thomas