webgen replacement for patterns:copy:add:

Jean-Baptiste Yunès

Feb 16, 2015, 6:56:38 PM2/16/15
to webgen...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am migrating from a 0.5 version to a newer one, but I am still unable to reference an existing file like a pdf. I have a link such like [mylink](dir/file.pdf) but webgen is still unable to link to the existing file. What am I doing wrong ?
I used the formerly patterns:copy:add: directive in config.yaml, but it is no more recognized now. What is the replacement for ?

Sincerely, JB

Thomas Leitner

Feb 17, 2015, 2:46:00 AM2/17/15
to webgen...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
have a look at http://webgen.gettalong.org/documentation/upgrading.html
for general upgrade information.

The pattern:copy:add mechanism is indeed not used anymore and replaced
by an other (I dare say) easier method. You just need to create a meta
info file and tell webgen what paths should be handled with what path
handler.

For example, here is a sample src/metainfo file for your problem:

--- paths
/**/*.pdf:
handler: copy

The keys (i.e. "/**/*.pdf") can either be a simple pattern or an array
of patterns (i.e. "[/**/*.pdf, /**/*.bmp]").

If you need more help, don't hesitate to write again!

Cheers,
Thomas

ps. One thing that got arguably more complex in the 1.0 version is
defining what a menu shows but there are examples at
http://webgen.gettalong.org/documentation/reference/extensions/tag/menu.html
The website now also has an integrated full page websearch that you can
use to search for terms.