[webgen-users] [next] Implementation better tested, beta version released

Thomas Leitner

Nov 11, 2012, 3:52:33 AM11/11/12
to webgen...@rubyforge.org
Hey everybody,

I have pushed the latest changes to the Github repository and released
the first beta version of webgen!

Whats new?

* While using this version on a real-world website, I discovered some
problems regarding the generation algorithm which I fixed.
* Some small performance improvements
* More flexibility for specifying which paths are handled by which path
handler by using the 'handler' meta information.
* Added possibility for doing a dry-run where nothing is written but it
is accurately shown what would be done.
* Added possibility for showing the applied changes. Combined with the
above this will make it easier to move existing webgen websites to
this new version.

Currently, there is not much documentation available but this will be
fixed before the final release. For now, if you have questions, please
feel free to contact me. I'm available most of the time on the #webgen
channel on freenode or contact me per mail or Twitter (@_gettalong).

What's next?

* Creating a separate repository for the webgen documentation website.
* Updating the main documentation, ie. the website.

Best regards,
Thomas

Thomas Leitner

Dec 6, 2012, 4:27:53 PM12/6/12
to yangfe...@gmail.com, webgen...@rubyforge.org
On 2012-12-04 20:29 -0800 yangfe...@gmail.com wrote:
> It seems there is error in installing the new version. Please check.

I just installed it without problems. Did you use the correct command:

gem install webgen --pre