Example for Ruby RDoc integration

Thomas Leitner

Mar 12, 2015, 4:16:25 AM3/12/15
to webgen...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I just released a new version of cmdparse (which is also used by webgen
and the next version of webgen will use this new version of cmdparse)
but that's not what I want to show.

*What* I want to show is a nice and simple example on how easy it is to
integrate RDoc API documentation (and other things) into a website when
using webgen.

The cmdparse website has been updated to use the API documentation
feature of webgen and while doing so I found some quirks which I have
fixed and which will be in the next version.

The structure of the cmdparse website is very simple and therefore a
good example. Features of the cmdparse website:

* Adapted a design from html5up.net for use with webgen
* Used Sass for compressing the main stylesheet (result is half the
size)
* Automatic main menu generation
* cmdparse API integration (automatic API pages generation and
cross-reference link definitions for use in other pages)
* Small custom tag embedded in the webgen.config file
* Automatic execution of a sample program and collection of the
resulting output for inclusion into the tutorial page so that the
latest output is always shown

The complete source for the cmdparse website can be found at

https://github.com/gettalong/cmdparse/tree/master/doc

and the webgen configuration file is available at

https://github.com/gettalong/cmdparse/blob/master/webgen.config

Please note that it is currently *not* possible to correctly generate
the website with webgen as I will have to release the fixes first.

Cheers,
Thomas