Ordering by preference

Melvin Carvalho

Jul 28, 2013, 12:51:53 PM7/28/13
to webf...@googlegroups.com
Looking at

[[

   The order of elements in the "links" array indicates an order of
   preference.  Thus, if there are two or more link relations having the
   same "rel" value, the first link relation would indicate the user's
   preferred link
.

]]

What if the implementation has a UNORDERED list that either

1) doesnt know which item is preferred
2) doesnt want to indicate preference

For example, let's say I'm a user on a social network that has a number of friends.  I dont have any "preferred" friends, maybe they are just in alphabetical order.

The spec seems to be adding something here which might not always be the desirable?