webfinger.net

Will Norris

Jun 27, 2013, 12:34:14 PM6/27/13
to webf...@googlegroups.com
Just in case people care, I finally published a semi-real website on webfinger.net this week.  Eran transferred the domain to me a couple of years ago when he stopped participating in things, and since then I'd left it redirecting to hueniverse.com/webfinger and later the IETF draft.  After noticing that the http://webfinger.net/rel/profile-page and http://webfinger.net/rel/avatar rel values are still in use in several places, I decided to setup a basic site so that those URLs resolve to something meaningful.    I figure eventually I'll add content similar to what oauth.net has, but am open to other suggestions if folks have them.  The site is running on GitHub pages, so it should be easy for folks to contribute to it if they want.

-will

Joseph Holsten

Jun 27, 2013, 4:50:03 PM6/27/13
to webf...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, what's the repo?

On 2013-06-27, at 09:34, Will Norris <wi...@willnorris.com> wrote:

> Just in case people care, I finally published a semi-real website on webfinger.net this week. Eran transferred the domain to me a couple of years ago when he stopped participating in things, and since then I'd left it redirecting to hueniverse.com/webfinger and later the IETF draft. After noticing that the http://webfinger.net/rel/profile-page and http://webfinger.net/rel/avatar rel values are still in use in several places, I decided to setup a basic site so that those URLs resolve to something meaningful. I figure eventually I'll add content similar to what oauth.net has, but am open to other suggestions if folks have them. The site is running on GitHub pages, so it should be easy for folks to contribute to it if they want.
>
> -will
>
> --
>
> ---

Will Norris

Jun 27, 2013, 4:52:31 PM6/27/13
to webf...@googlegroups.com
uh, did you actually look at webfinger.net? :)

Joseph Holsten

Jun 27, 2013, 4:54:47 PM6/27/13
to webf...@googlegroups.com
palm -> face.

Obviously, I did not. Thanks!

Brett Slatkin

Jun 27, 2013, 6:53:16 PM6/27/13
to webf...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Will!

Nick Jennings

Jun 27, 2013, 8:51:13 PM6/27/13
to webfinger
That's great! thanks.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Brett Slatkin <bsla...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Will!

Nick Jennings

Jun 27, 2013, 8:52:41 PM6/27/13
to webfinger
Actually, this brings up a question. Do we actually have any "simple" overview text about webfinger? Might be good to put something on the front page.