Updated WebFinger server software

Paul E. Jones

Oct 21, 2013, 2:49:14 AM10/21/13
to webf...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

I updated the WebFinger server software on Packetizer.  The code now implements only RC 7033 (dropping support for RFC 6415).  I also use the Perl JSON package to serialize the JSON object.  With these changes, I think the code much less cluttered and perhaps more suitable as a reference implementation.

If you're using the older software, the only database change I made was the removal of the "template" column in the webfinger_links table.  The config file was simplified a bit (removing stuff we don't need any longer).

Paul

PS - I am still running both the host-meta and WebFinger server running on packetizer.com, so don't be surprised if both queries work.  The new WebFinger server code will not service host-meta queries.