Some URLs constructed oddly.

Duane

Aug 2, 2007, 10:27:44 AM8/2/07
to webdns-support
Hi all, I'm working on upgrading my old BIND dns servers, and have
more or less decided on PowerDNS. One of the things I need is a good
web interface for our staff to use. Enter webdns... but I'm having
some difficulty.

I've installed on Ubuntu server, using their default packages for
apache2 php5 and powerdns. I have my powerdns setup working with both
the authoritative and recursive servers running. I folllowed the
install docs pretty carefully, and put webdns in /var/www/webdns,
which puts it at /webdns/ for web requests. If I simply put in htttp://<-ip
address->/webdns/ then I get a very long delay followed by a message
that indicates that the page is being redirected in a way which will
never complete. If I browse to /webdns/login.php then I can log in
and interact with the system, but some of the icons don't show up, and
their location is like this: http://192.168.1.100/webdns/index.php/themes/graphics/search.png.
Thats the same kind of mis-redirection that I was seeing when trying
to get to the /webdns/ default page.

Related or not, I was also unable to upload a zone using the
"zonefile" method, and got a "Error Failed to add nettek.net to
group: DB Error: constraint violation" at the top of the page.

Webdns looks like just what I need, but I'm not at all familiar with
horde, and I'm unsure how to continue troubleshooting.

John Morrissey

Aug 2, 2007, 11:20:18 PM8/2/07
to webdns-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 07:27:44AM -0700, Duane wrote:
> I folllowed the install docs pretty carefully, and put webdns in
> /var/www/webdns, which puts it at /webdns/ for web requests. If I simply
> put in htttp://<-ip address->/webdns/ then I get a very long delay
> followed by a message that indicates that the page is being redirected in
> a way which will never complete. If I browse to /webdns/login.php then I
> can log in and interact with the system, but some of the icons don't show
> up, and their location is like this:
> http://192.168.1.100/webdns/index.php/themes/graphics/search.png. Thats
> the same kind of mis-redirection that I was seeing when trying to get to
> the /webdns/ default page.

What do you have the webroot set to for webdns in horde/config/registry.php?
You might also try forcing horde's webroot to /horde (or wherever you placed
Horde) in registry.php.

john
--
John Morrissey _o /\ ---- __o