Viewing records

strerror

Nov 29, 2007, 5:50:58 AM11/29/07
to webdns-support
I've got most things working it appears, but when I go to view any
records in a domain, I can't see anything, though I can see the SOA
record. I tried to make an addition and it worked fine, and from the
command line I'm able to view everything with no problem so I can only
assume there is some code problem or configuration setup issue. I
searched the archives and found this thread that seemed relevant:
http://groups.google.com/group/webdns-support/browse_thread/thread/a715047acdc33555/99ee03616f8f440a?lnk=gst&q=view+records#99ee03616f8f440a
The thread seems to indicate that the issue was resolved and was some
small code / php related issue. The other thing it mentions is config
so I'll put mine here:
$conf['cookie']['path'] = '/';

$this->applications['horde'] = array(
'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/..',
'webroot' => '/horde',
'initial_page' => 'login.php',
'name' => _("WebDNS"),
'status' => 'hidden',
'templates' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../templates',
'provides' => 'horde'
);

$this->applications['webdns'] = array(
'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../..',
'webroot' => '',
'name' => _("WebDNS"),
'status' => 'active',
);

I'm using firefox, when i switched to IE to compare, it still doesn't
populate the records reply and make then viewable but there does
appear to be a bit of extra functionality, ie you see the amount of
records returned, even if you can't view the records themselves. Any
suggestions are welcome.

strerror

Nov 29, 2007, 5:55:19 AM11/29/07
to webdns-support
additional note, I've noticed that when clicking on options for the
first time I get some errors indicating that the footer.inc template
can't be found. Copying the webdns/templates/common-footer.inc to
webdns/templates/main/footer.inc seems to fix it but again not sure if
this is indicating some path related config error.

John Morrissey

Nov 29, 2007, 9:39:33 AM11/29/07
to webdns-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 02:50:58AM -0800, strerror wrote:
> I've got most things working it appears, but when I go to view any
> records in a domain, I can't see anything, though I can see the SOA
> record. I tried to make an addition and it worked fine, and from the
> command line I'm able to view everything with no problem so I can only

"from the command line" means with the mysql(1) command line tool?

> I'm using firefox, when i switched to IE to compare, it still doesn't
> populate the records reply and make then viewable but there does
> appear to be a bit of extra functionality, ie you see the amount of
> records returned, even if you can't view the records themselves. Any
> suggestions are welcome.

Try accessing this URL directly, replacing ZONENAME with the name of one of
your zones:

/Zones/search_records.php?filter=All&id=ZONENAME

Does it give you XML output containing your record information?

Also, please post the entries generated in your web server's access log when
you access the zones page, so we can see what requests are being generated
by the web browser.

john
--
John Morrissey _o /\ ---- __o
j...@horde.net _-< \_ / \ ---- < \,

John Morrissey

Nov 29, 2007, 9:48:36 AM11/29/07
to webdns-...@googlegroups.com

This reference to templates/main/footer.inc didn't get caught when we
reworked the templates to fit better with Horde's file naming standards.
It was just cosmetic, and is fixed in r119.

strerror

Nov 29, 2007, 10:26:22 AM11/29/07
to webdns-support
> Try accessing this URL directly, replacing ZONENAME with the name of one of
> your zones:
>
> /Zones/search_records.php?filter=All&id=ZONENAME

accessing:
https://webdns.example.net/Zones/search_records.php?filter=All&id=example.net

gives:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function bcmod() in /var/www/
webdns.disciplina.net/webdns/Zones/xml_records.php on line 35

> Does it give you XML output containing your record information?

see above.

> Also, please post the entries generated in your web server's access log when
> you access the zones page, so we can see what requests are being generated
> by the web browser.

1.1.1.1 - strerror [29/Nov/2007:15:25:18 +0000] "GET /Zones/
search_records.php?filter=All&id=example.net HTTP/1.1" 200 157 "-"
"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/
20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6"

strerror

Nov 29, 2007, 10:26:59 AM11/29/07
to webdns-support

On Nov 29, 2:48 pm, John Morrissey <j...@horde.net> wrote:
> This reference to templates/main/footer.inc didn't get caught when we
> reworked the templates to fit better with Horde's file naming standards.
> It was just cosmetic, and is fixed in r119.

thanks :)

John Morrissey

Nov 29, 2007, 10:54:50 AM11/29/07
to webdns-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 07:26:22AM -0800, strerror wrote:
> > Try accessing this URL directly, replacing ZONENAME with the name of one of
> > your zones:
> >
> > /Zones/search_records.php?filter=All&id=ZONENAME
>
> accessing:
> https://webdns.example.net/Zones/search_records.php?filter=All&id=example.net
>
> gives:
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function bcmod() in /var/www/
> webdns.disciplina.net/webdns/Zones/xml_records.php on line 35

Make sure your PHP has the BCMath extension built/enabled:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.bc.php

strerror

Nov 29, 2007, 11:44:28 AM11/29/07
to webdns-support
On Nov 29, 3:54 pm, John Morrissey <j...@horde.net> wrote:
> Make sure your PHP has the BCMath extension built/enabled:
>
> http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.bc.php

thanks, that fixed it.