firefox testing

theboydave

Jul 30, 2007, 6:15:54 PM7/30/07
to Web Devout
firefox 2 was based on the gecko 1.8 engine, just like Firefox 1.5.
The difference is UI and security fixes and stuff like that. For
testing compliance, please test a trunk firefox version at
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk

This early version of Firefox 3 is based on Gecko 1.9, and I'm sure
you will see a lot more features supported.

David Hammond

Jul 30, 2007, 6:19:32 PM7/30/07
to Web Devout
As a rule, I don't test new versions of browsers until they reach at
least a Release Candidate status. This ensures that I don't have to
retest all of the features multiple times.