Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Joshua Cowles

ungelesen,
21.03.2015, 13:22:4021.03.15
an webc-...@googlegroups.com
Is there a simple way to have my Webconverger kiosks do 802.1q VLAN tagging so that they're preconfigured to jump on a particular VLAN without touching my switch config?

I know you can do this with Debian, but I'm wondering how it would be handled through, or in conjunction with, the Webconverger API.

Thanks for any insight!

Josh

Kai Hendry

ungelesen,
22.03.2015, 20:55:2922.03.15
an webc-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johua,

I am not entirely sure what the exact steps from wheezy.
https://wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration#Howto_use_vlan_.28dot1q.2C_802.1q.2C_trunk.29_.28Etch.2C_Lenny.29

The vlan package is not included. I am not entirely if that's needed.
Maybe it can be done with iptables= API. Again not sure.

The only thing I can say at this point is that vlan tagging seems a LOT
easier in systemd
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.netdev.html

And I'm working on transforming Webconverger into a more upto date
systemd based OS.

Cheers,
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor