PulseAudio and HDMI

r...@rob.com

Jul 8, 2014, 12:14:53 PM7/8/14
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
There is a known issue with PulseAudio only using the first HDMI device
ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/gpu-hdmi-audio-document/gpu-hdmi-audio.html#_issues_in_pulseaudio
I'm trying to use hw:0,7 by
echo load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:0,7 >> /etc/pulse/default.pa
but even though aplay -D plughw:0,7 music.wav
works, webc's firefox is still going out the analog port.

what's the trick to insure webc is using PulseAudio (I can see it start) and more importantly that
it is directed out hw:0,7 ?

thanks!

Kai Hendry

Jul 8, 2014, 1:39:53 PM7/8/14
to webc-users
Hi there Rob,

I've noticed this problem myself and just used the first HDMI port on
installs on my NUCs.

Off the top of my head, you could try writing your settings to the
filesystem using the cron API:
http://webconverger.org/cronjob/

Need to work a bit on what the actual line would be though.

Kind regards,