Packet sniffing your operating system (disabling Google's safe browsing)

Kai Hendry

Sep 3, 2015, 10:26:07 PM9/3/15
to webc-users
Hi guys,

I took some time to packet sniff Webconverger and capture it in a video
here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zmsj5DnQYo

I would like to boast at this point that Webconverger has tamed Firefox
and is probably the least noisy Web browser operating system available.
;) Has anyone managed to packet sniff MacOSX or Windows 10 !?

I made some controversial decisions like disabling Google's safe
browsing by default.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Safe_Browsing

Why? It's noisy by default. It's actually quite hard to understand &
verify what it is doing (& explain it to clients) and I don't want to
take a risk with your privacy and that of _information security
conscious_ customers.

Secondly I don't think "safe browsing" is particularly useful in the way
Webconverger is typically deployed. Webconverger is usually locked to a
Web application and that homepage does not need to be checked against
Google's blacklist every session!

You can turn it back on and I will document that, once I've tested it.

Any questions, do please ask!

Kind regards,