[webby] More than one "content" section

Kyle Cordes

May 12, 2010, 4:38:59 PM5/12/10
to Webby
Hello. I'm quite pleased with Webby overall; but the following is a
limitation I've hit a few times, I wonder if there is any workaround.

Each input file, becomes the "content" in one output file. The whole
main body of the input is processed implicitly as Content. It would be
quite useful to be able to have several parts to the main body of an
input file, each of which is made available separately to the template
for output.

This works now for small bit of content, which fit easily in a name-
value pair in the metadata. But it isn't useful for large blocks of
text which need to be processed as body content.

Any ideas?

Kyle Cordes

aimee daniells

May 12, 2010, 6:17:19 PM5/12/10
to webby...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm. you might want to look at the way Rails does content_for(:something) do { block of stuff } and then yield(:something) where you want it to appear.

I don't know whether webby supports that already or whether it might be easy enough to implement.

anyone have anything more to add ...?

aimee