Re: [webbit] Serving static html file from inside jar

aslak hellesoy

Jun 4, 2013, 5:14:10 PM6/4/13
to Webbit

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 3:21 AM, pigna <pij...@home.nl> wrote:
I would like to deliver the webpage inside the jar.

However I don't know how to get that working. I have it working for external files but can't seem to get it working for files inside the jar.
Nothing more than one simple index.html

Can someone explain how to make Webbit serve a page from inside a jar?

Have you tried with the EmbeddedResourceHandler?

Aslak

pigna

Jun 19, 2013, 4:17:01 AM6/19/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Yes but I'm somewhat confused how the path should look like to say the least ... :)

First I have everything running with the staticfilehandler

  this.webServer = WebServers.createWebServer(port)
         .add("/gui", wsh)
         .add(new StaticFileHandler("gui")
         );

My jar file layout looks like:

gui/index.html
META-INF
com/test/websocket/WebSocketServer.class
com/test/websocket/gui/WebSocketHandler.class

Is it possible to serve the index file in the gui folder from inside the jar. Or should index.html be placed differently ..
Tried this :
.add(new EmbeddedResourceHandler("/gui/index.html")

but that seems incorrect.
Any help is appreciated.

Jose Gómez

May 12, 2014, 8:40:40 AM5/12/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Did you manage to make it work with the below approach?

Jose Gómez

Jun 18, 2014, 7:14:31 PM6/18/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Well, it turns out it is so easy as:

    server.add(new EmbeddedResourceHandler(path));

Where path can be something like "webroot" (for a root folder called "webroot")