Some notes on Websocket SSL

DeLonge

Aug 24, 2012, 6:02:29 PM8/24/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gents,

Wanted to share this link with you, I developed a quick guide to using NGINX as a proxy AND SSL handler for webbit:

I did find that SSL performance was better with NGINX instead of setting it up directly with webbit. Not sure why.

Anyways, I hope you find it useful for larger production environments.

Justin

Joe Walnes

Aug 24, 2012, 6:08:09 PM8/24/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Justin, that's really useful. I always prefer to run my web-apps behind a frontend web-server, and until I saw your post, I thought it wasn't possible to proxy websockets through nginx.

-Joe

DeLonge

Aug 24, 2012, 6:11:48 PM8/24/12
to web...@googlegroups.com

Glad it was useful. I know that module is a recent development and in reality this was probably only possible just in the last two months. Nonetheless, the creator of that mod deserves a lot of kudos.

Cheers