New Authorization / Authentication Client Package not Only for Webapp2

Peter Hudec

May 15, 2013, 12:37:17 PM5/15/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I would like to introduce Authomatic, an authorization / authentication client library for Python WEB applications.

The package is designed to be framework independent via adapters and
the first (and currently the only) adapter is the Webapp2Adapter for use with webapp2.

Features:

* Loosely coupled.
* Tiny but powerfull interface.
* The python-openid library is the only optional dependency.
* CSRF protection.
* Framework agnostic thanks to adapters.
* Ready to accommodate future authorization/authentication protocols.
* Makes calls to provider APIs a breeze.
* Supports asynchronous requests.
* JavaScript library as a bonus.
* Out of the box support for:
    * Authorization with 10 OAuth 1.0a providers
    * Authorization with 16 OAuth 2.0 providers
    * python-openid and Google App Engine based OpenID authentication.

It's my first Python project, so feedback of any kind is very welcome.

Use and enjoy

Peter Hudec