customizing presentation of document content

Robin Schäfer

Apr 16, 2020, 9:48:53 AM4/16/20
to webanno-user
Hello,

I am preparing an annotation task for a Twitter corpus. The Tweets need to be shown in pairs, each of them being treated as basically one entity as the spans we are going to annotate will spread across sentence boundaries. This means a sentence by sentence presentation will not do. Is there a way to customize the splitting of the document?

Best regards,
Robin Schäfer

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Apr 16, 2020, 10:02:46 AM4/16/20
to Robin Schäfer, webanno-user
Hi,

> On 16. Apr 2020, at 15:48, Robin Schäfer <robinsch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am preparing an annotation task for a Twitter corpus. The Tweets need to be shown in pairs, each of them being treated as basically one entity as the spans we are going to annotate will spread across sentence boundaries. This means a sentence by sentence presentation will not do. Is there a way to customize the splitting of the document?

I understand that you want to have documents such that each document contains two Tweets and each Tweet can consist of multiple sentences. You want to visually separate the two Tweets in the editor.

If you format your input files with line breaks (using multiple line breaks between the tweets) and use the "brat (line-oriented)" visualization mode, you should be able to achieve that effect. The mode can be configured in the settings dialog on the annotation page.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Robin Schäfer

Apr 16, 2020, 10:48:55 AM4/16/20
to webanno-user
Hi,

We have currently WebAnno 3.4.5 installed. The editor visualization preference has probably been added in a more recent version?

Best,
Robin

Richard Eckart de Castilho

May 5, 2020, 9:00:26 AM5/5/20
On 16. Apr 2020, at 16:48, Robin Schäfer <robinsch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have currently WebAnno 3.4.5 installed. The editor visualization preference has probably been added in a more recent version?

It was added in WebAnno 3.6.0.

-- Richard