help: fish & chips club sample application login issue

shu

Jul 1, 2009, 7:10:17 AM7/1/09
to web4j-users
hi,

Deployed the fish & chips club sample application on Tomcat and MySql
5, on logon page, after input user & password (testeD/testtest), the
system still show the re-logon page. i found the following hint
message in log file:"Session exists, but user has not yet logged in."

can somebody tell me how to solve it?

thanks!

John O'Hanley

Jul 1, 2009, 9:33:30 AM7/1/09
to web4j-users
That error message is generated by this class :
http://www.web4j.com/web4j/javadoc/hirondelle/web4j/security/SuppressUnwantedSessions.html

Note that this class requires that the client browser have cookies
turned ON. Perhaps your browser settings have cookies turned off?

If that is not the problem, then you may disable the
SuppressUnwantedSessions feature simply by
- editing web.xml to remove references to SuppressUnwantedSessions and
its related filter
- restart the web app

If none of this helps, please send along
- your complete log file
- your web.xml
- details of anything you may have done that's different from the
procedure described in the Getting Started guide.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Regards,
John O'Hanley

Roger

Feb 14, 2016, 2:50:23 AM2/14/16
to web4j-users
I ran into the same login problem on both IE and Chrome when trying to run fish & chips app. Cookies are turned on. I tried to disable SuppressUnwantedSessions but had no luck. The only difference was that the warning did not show anymore on the log.

FYI. I followed the Getting Started guide and was able to get predictions app up and running on my machine. Attached are the log and web.xml.

Thanks,

Roger
2016_02_14_07_00.txt
2016_02_14_07_27.txt
web.xml

Roger

Feb 14, 2016, 3:38:11 AM2/14/16
to web4j-users
I mean the log and web.xml are for fish & chips app.

John O'Hanley

Feb 14, 2016, 9:03:13 AM2/14/16
to web4j-users
Your logs indicate that you are not successfully connecting to the database.
There are a large number of error messages in the logs regarding that.
Please re-check the container's configuration for the datasources.

- John