bootswatch theme - how to do it

clara

Oct 11, 2014, 10:19:04 AM10/11/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am not a css expert and I always stumble upon this with web2py:

I select a nice theme from bootswatch 2.2.2 and replace the bootstrap.min.css file in web2py with the bootswatch's chosen theme and then very vew elements render as expected. What should I do to get everything rendered as shown in the bootswatch theme?

I know this has been asked before but I haven't been able to sort this out. Please be patient :)

Thanks in advance,

Clara

PS: The framework is awesome

Niphlod

Oct 11, 2014, 11:40:56 AM10/11/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
What is not "rendered as expected" in particular ?

Clara Ferrando

Oct 11, 2014, 11:59:25 AM10/11/14
to web...@googlegroups.com

Panels, labels, for example.

Labels are rendered small, background color is overridden in some cases ( default, info , etc)
Panels show up with no borders and default/warning, etc styling has no effect.

I am using Cerulean from bootswatch 2.2.2. I think it works
the same with the other themes.

Am I missing something?

Looking forward to your comments!

Clara

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Russ King

Oct 11, 2014, 5:28:45 PM10/11/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
This process worked fine for me - I haven't noted anything not rendering as expected.  My only known issue is with the limited options for forms styling.  I'd say use firebug with Mozilla or similar and you can see down to line level where your css is coming from (and potentially switch to using the non-minified versions by temporarily updating you layout.html until you get things setup the way you want them.

Cheer
Russ

clara

Oct 14, 2014, 6:29:32 AM10/14/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your answer!

I looked into bootstrap.min.css file and found that panel was not actually defined....so I went ahead and added panel styles to the file.

And regarding buttons rendering small, I found that the tutorial I was following indicated "btn-lg" for large buttons while the actual css required "btn-large"

Thanks a lot for the support,

Clara

Jim S

Oct 14, 2014, 2:28:09 PM10/14/14
to web...@googlegroups.com
I think you may be looking at the documentation for bootstrap 3, but you're using bootstrap 2.  Panel didn't exist until bootstrap 3 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

There is a different documentation site based on version:

-Jim